MG4 EV Trophy Mirror Cap broken and Dynamic LED damaged

roshanhegde333

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi All

I just got into an accident and my left side wing mirror cap is scratched and the LED indicator is damaged where it wasn't my fault but the driver of didn't stop and once i noted down his car registration number and checked with insurance it seems he is driving without insurance. So I will have to do it at my own cost or else get it done by my insurance company which will impact my claim history😔

Does anyone knkw where i can get a replacement mirror Cap and a LED indicator which i can get it installed on my own or if someone had similar issues and how they got it fixed. Currently i have put the old one back using a duct tape which is not looking great for a week old brand new car

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230531_114354.jpg
    20230531_114354.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 173
Hi All

I just got into an accident and my left side wing mirror cap is scratched and the LED indicator is damaged where it wasn't my fault but the driver of didn't stop and once i noted down his car registration number and checked with insurance it seems he is driving without insurance. So I will have to do it at my own cost or else get it done by my insurance company which will impact my claim history😔

Does anyone knkw where i can get a replacement mirror Cap and a LED indicator which i can get it installed on my own or if someone had similar issues and how they got it fixed. Currently i have put the old one back using a duct tape which is not looking great for a week old brand new car

Thanks
There's one breaking on eBay,

Message the seller and ask for the parts you need. Can't imagine they'll be cheap though considering it's the only one on eBay breaking. 🫤

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi All

Thanks
Ouch! I hope you reported it to the police.
If you have all the bits a tube of super-glue might improve the look as a temporary fix
Check your insurance policy as some don't deduct your NCB for accidents by uninsured drivers although your premium will still go up :(

There's one breaking on eBay,

Message the seller and ask for the parts you need. Can't imagine they'll be cheap though considering it's the only one on eBay breaking. 🫤
Thanks Carl!
I have asked the seller and will wait for a response

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ouch! I hope you reported it to the police.
If you have all the bits a tube of super-glue might improve the look as a temporary fix
Check your insurance policy as some don't deduct your NCB for accidents by uninsured drivers although your premium will still go up :(
Yeah i have reported it to police and also checked with Insurance company Aviva which said they will require excess to be paid as they don't have the other insurance company to charge for the repair 😔

That's really rough. What would be particularly rough would be taking away your no-claims bonus for something as random as that, that's unlikely to be repeated.

And the worst par is i was just waiting in car with daughter for wife to come back from grocery store and we were on holiday in Cornwall and this happened. Feels so bad to see a new car being scratched by a irresponsible person who doesn't even care to stop nor does have insurance

Many years ago a friend of mine had a brand new metallic blue Volvo estate car. You know the things - built like tanks and mothers bought them to ferry all the equipment small children seem to need all the time. She was driving round a roundabout and someone simply came out of one of the roads and crashed straight into her.

He was furious with her, insisting that he was on the main road and she had come out of a side street. It took her about five minutes to convince him that it was a roundabout, and he was the one who should have given way. "It was planted up with flower beds and everything!" He was insured and her car was fixed, but having that sort of damage really spoiled the whole new car thing for her.

So it could have been worse I guess. It's only a mirror, and you'll get over the financial hit in time.

These mirrors can cost an arm and a leg to replace. I caught one of my Golf's on the side of the garage door, so I had nobody to blame but myself, and I've pretty much blanked the actual price from my mind, but it hurt.

And as it's a Trophy you've got the electric folding to worry about as well as the blinkety light and the electric adjustment of the glass angle.

These mirrors can cost an arm and a leg to replace. I caught one of my Golf's on the side of the garage door, so I had nobody to blame but myself, and I've pretty much blanked the actual price from my mind, but it hurt.

And as it's a Trophy you've got the electric folding to worry about as well as the blinkety light and the electric adjustment of the glass angle.
I imagine in this case it's just the outer shell that will need swapping over and the clear LED housing - @roshanhegde333 probably won't need to buy the internal mechanism, can't see it being too difficult to do either, the folding mechanism still looks like it's working in the picture, couldn't say if the heater/adjuster would be working without seeing it. I'd be testing it before I ordered the parts OP.

One potential problem, though, is the cost of the parts from the only seller on eBay. There won't be many breaking at this point so they can potentially charge an arm and a leg.

I imagine in this case it's just the outer shell that will need swapping over and the clear LED housing - @roshanhegde333 probably won't need to buy the internal mechanism, can't see it being too difficult to do either, the folding mechanism still looks like it's working in the picture, couldn't say if the heater/adjuster would be working without seeing it. I'd be testing it before I ordered the parts OP.

One potential problem, though, is the cost of the parts from the only seller on eBay. There won't be many breaking at this point so they can potentially charge an arm and a leg.
If on the other hand the dealer supplies it, it will have to be the whole mirror unit and probably will cost a packet.

If on the other hand the dealer supplies it, it will have to be the whole mirror unit and probably will cost a packet.
It may still be worth getting a quote from the dealer, you'd be surprised I've found for certain things can be reasonable, but it can vary a lot.

At least then you'd have a price to compare to the price of the part from ebay.

Also, I'd double check that the mirror from ebay is from the trophy model as it has a camera in, while the SE model does not.

It may still be worth getting a quote from the dealer, you'd be surprised I've found for certain things can be reasonable, but it can vary a lot.

At least then you'd have a price to compare to the price of the part from ebay.

Also, I'd double check that the mirror from ebay is from the trophy model as it has a camera in, while the SE model does not.

There's a thought actually, I'm fairly sure it does say SE in the listing, so as you say it may be no good anyway.

Well spotted! Another thing to check, OP, before buying.

How about a pair of these for now at least:

For MG4 MG 4 Mulan 2022 + Car Styling Side Rear View Mirror Cover Strip Rearview Mirror Frame Protector Decoration Accessories​

Check Ali Express

How about a pair of these for now at least:

For MG4 MG 4 Mulan 2022 + Car Styling Side Rear View Mirror Cover Strip Rearview Mirror Frame Protector Decoration Accessories​

Check Ali Express
I checked here but the challenge is that my car is on Salary Sacrifice so will have to keep the original cap when returning 3yrs later and also I am unable to find the led indicator which i am not sure where to find

Have you asked your local MG parts department, if the led strip and cap can be bought without buying the whole mirror.
I am sure MG offer official different colour door mirror caps for there other models, which could imply they can be bought separately.
I know on BMW models the caps and led indicator light strip(s) can be bought separately for sure.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back