MG4 Inner wings

Davn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I was cleaning the car today and was cleaning under the bonnet or whatever it's called on a EV, I thought there was a lot of dirt on both sides, when I looked closer I could see daylight through both inner wings! Now I'm guessing these are ment to let water out? but are going to let dirty water thrown up from the wheels in🤔 has anyone noticed these/asked a dealer about them?

I was cleaning the car today and was cleaning under the bonnet or whatever it's called on a EV, I thought there was a lot of dirt on both sides, when I looked closer I could see daylight through both inner wings! Now I'm guessing these are ment to let water out? but are going to let dirty water thrown up from the wheels in🤔 has anyone noticed these/asked a dealer about them?
I'm still waiting for mine so have you any photos?

It is weirdly 'open plan' in the front compartment, the tyres splash tons of water and road grime all over the place, covering the lower components like the air con comp and steering motor in crap.

The cups in the subframe where the track control arms mount fill up like mini swimming pools, I've doused mine in waxoyl, MOT failure in waiting if you don't keep an eye on it methinks.

I'm still waiting for mine so have you any photos?

It is weirdly 'open plan' in the front compartment, the tyres splash tons of water and road grime all over the place, covering the lower components like the air con comp and steering motor in crap.

The cups in the subframe where the track control arms mount fill up like mini swimming pools, I've doused mine in waxoyl, MOT failure in waiting if you don't keep an eye on it methinks.
Will have to check that👍

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_144154.jpg
    IMG_20230212_144154.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20230212_144118.jpg
    IMG_20230212_144118.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_20230212_144038_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230212_144038_hdr.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 348
Well if it is a bit broken off which I seriously doubt then my car has it on both sides. But now I am aware of it I will keep a check to make sure that it doesn't cause any problems.

Exactly the same on mine so it's definitely part of the design. Does look rough as hell at first glance though :oops:

Could these holes for the front grill auto open motor and connection rods just a thought.

On the long range they have grill that open and close as needed on the Short they are not fitted.

On the long range they have grill that open and close as needed on the Short they are not fitted.
I would have thought the holes too far away from the grills for them to be for that, can anyone with a long range confirm ?

Looking at them yesterday, the odd shaped holes in the wheel arch inner plastic are there to gain access to some of the wing fixings, possibly to allow a quick wing swap after damage.
Unfortunately it allows copious quantities of road crap to coat those bolts, probably rusting them solid after a few years. Oh the irony 🙄

Looking at them yesterday, the odd shaped holes in the wheel arch inner plastic are there to gain access to some of the wing fixings, possibly to allow a quick wing swap after damage.
Unfortunately it allows copious quantities of road crap to coat those bolts, probably rusting them solid after a few years. Oh the irony 🙄
I think when it warms up a bit I'll remove the wheels and see if I can add some rubber over the holes

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back