MG4 iSMART App in unsupported countries (PH)

fogcannon3

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi guys, not sure if other countries have the same problem as MG4 owners here in the Philippines, but I'll go ahead and start a discussion.

MG PH under SAIC began selling in the Philippines a month ago, and they've just began releasing units to customers last week. I got my unit 2 days ago and one of the few things I wanted to check was if it had any iSMART capabilities.
I tried looking for the MG iSMART app on the iPhone App Store and it wasn't showing up, which made it clear MG hasn't worked on adding Philippine support to the app. I tried changing my app store's country in order to be able to download the app, and while the app allows me to bind the vehicle to my account, it barely does what it's supposed to.
  • Digital key is not working
  • Remote control is not working
  • GPS is not working, and many more
I'd like to ask if there are any MG4 owners on this forum from other countries who have been in this exact situation? Is there a way to make iSMART work unofficially? Or do we have no choice but to wait for proper PH support?

while the app allows me to bind the vehicle to my account, it barely does what it's supposed to.
My understanding is that the app communicates over the cellular phone network to some servers in the country you're driving in. My guess is that MG Philippines (a separate company from SAIC China, MG UK etc) have not yet and perhaps never will install those servers. But many they will if and when the demand warrants it.

Unfortunately, the open hardware alternative Open Vehicle Monitoring System does not seem to support the MG4 as yet. If you are keen and good with CAN bus messages and software, you could help provide that support.

My understanding is that the app communicates over the cellular phone network to some servers in the country you're driving in. My guess is that MG Philippines (a separate company from SAIC China, MG UK etc) have not yet and perhaps never will install those servers. But many they will if and when the demand warrants it.

Unfortunately, the open hardware alternative Open Vehicle Monitoring System does not seem to support the MG4 as yet. If you are keen and good with CAN bus messages and software, you could help provide that support.
Oof that's a bummer, if the app does rely on servers to work then I guess I have no choice but to try and ask MG Philippines if they could kindly add in those servers to allow PH support for iSMART. Thanks for the reply!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back