MG4 Issues After Software Recall update

johnnyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just had the software update for the locking in thing.

It wiped all settings for the car, which isn’t as big a pain as it could have been - but just tried to check the weather on the way home and that’s not working - not a huge problem - it just wondering if it’s anything I can sort out. Either I get the error message ‘can’t get the data’ or ‘activate the head unit’.

Also, I can’t log in to I smart on the car as it says Device ID does not exist. Although I’m logged into it on my phone and it knows my battery percentage and location.

And if I go to Mg touchpoint it doesn’t have my correct location (thinks I’m in Germany), and rescue call won’t work from the screen either.

I can set the preconditioning via the app and it works no problem. It’s all a bit weird.

Any ideas? 🙂

Last edited:
Rescue call - that's empty in my iSMART app anyway. Anyone know what should be showing there?

Re. R33 ... the only other person here with that is @Eber, and he's in Germany (I think) ........ 😲

Rescue call - that's empty in my iSMART app anyway. Anyone know what should be showing there?

Re. R33 ... the only other person here with that is @Eber, and he's in Germany (I think) ........ 😲
Screenshot_20230118-184459.png

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my MG4, can't log in in the car and having issues with the weather and sending trip to the car.
To be honest I was lucky that the car was working fine before the update (never had the locking issue) and now to have this bugs is really frustrating.
Anyone that found a solution? I'm gonna ring the dealership later today.
Thanks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel