MG4 Lane keep assist

dickturpin

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Does anyone have the same problem as I do with Lane Keep Assist I have to turn mine off before I set off it tries to pull my car quiet violently either the centre line or near side line I can not just hold the steering wheel gently

I turn my lane keep assist off when I get in my mg4 but as soon as I get out of my car then get back in it defaults to on again any way of making LKA off permanently Tony

Mine has stayed off since I turned it off on day 1. Not sure if it's a Trophy thing or software version thing, but if it kept turning that death trap on, I'd have been tempted to reject it.

Mine has stayed off since I turned it off on day 1. Not sure if it's a Trophy thing or software version thing, but if it kept turning that death trap on, I'd have been tempted to reject it.
That is what is crazy about the LKA....some stay off and some stay on. It seems to be luck of the draw when buying an MG4 as far as many other issues are concerned as well.

Hi, you need to turn the setting away from the emergency setting first then turn it off, I think you will find that should sort it.

Hi, you need to turn the setting away from the emergency setting first then turn it off, I think you will find that should sort it.
Probably me enjoying the Christmas spirit a sh-little more tan nesh-a-sherry but can you be a bit more specific? 😁

Probably me enjoying the Christmas spirit a sh-little more tan nesh-a-sherry but can you be a bit more specific? 😁
Hi, go to vehicle settings and turn on mg pilot. Now set the Lane change to anything but not emergency. Come out of the settings - go back to MG pilot and turn it off.
At the minute you are telling the car you don't want assistance except in an emergency - well crossing the line is classed as hazardous.
You can check if this is the issue, indicate.and change lanes will be fine but with no indicator it will try to assist.
I hope this has helped.
Tom

Sorry. That’s makes little sense. That’s MG pilot not Lane keep Assist.

With the most recent update you cannot turn it off. If you do turn it off, it comes back on automatically on the next journey. Something relating to the car's NCAP rating meant that it has to auto-apply.

Is it essential for this "feature" to be enabled in order to achieve the 5star NCAP rating? I don't see this particular implementation of lane keep assist being an enhancement to safety. I've driven other cars (kia, tesla) which have a much more useful lane keep assist, which you could see as enhancing safety, but the MG implementation doesn't add to safety, IMHO (in fact, for many - like my wife - it seems to make the car more dangerous!)

Is it essential for this "feature" to be enabled in order to achieve the 5star NCAP rating? I don't see this particular implementation of lane keep assist being an enhancement to safety. I've driven other cars (kia, tesla) which have a much more useful lane keep assist, which you could see as enhancing safety, but the MG implementation doesn't add to safety, IMHO (in fact, for many - like my wife - it seems to make the car more dangerous!)
100% agree. Its is more dangerous on than it is off.

I've only found it to be "dangerous" if moving lanes without indicating which obviously could be viewed as dangerous in itself.

Or are you experiencing issues at other times?
I live in the Lake District. From home to work most of the roads are narrower than the width of the car....so my right-hand side is constantly needing to go over the middle line. This means I'm constantly fighting with Lane Assist.

If I didn't have a tight grip of the wheel, after 2 weeks of ownership, best case scenario Id have very badly damaged hub caps, and worst case I would have been in an accident.

I live in the Lake District. From home to work most of the roads are narrower than the width of the car....so my right-hand side is constantly needing to go over the middle line. This means I'm constantly fighting with Lane Assist.

If I didn't have a tight grip of the wheel, after 2 weeks of ownership, best case scenario Id have very badly damaged hub caps, and worst case I would have been in an accident.
That is another instance where I agree it would be dangerous, but also find it odd that a narrow road has the lane markers if it is essentially only wide enough for one vehicle roads near me of this type don't have markers on them except at the junctions.

That is another instance where I agree it would be dangerous, but also find it odd that a narrow road has the lane markers if it is essentially only wide enough for one vehicle roads near me of this type don't have markers on them except at the junctions.

You could probably stay on your own side of the road most of the time.....if it wasn't for pot holes..... but dont get me started on that. Ill try to film my drive to work one day to demonstrate.

You could probably stay on your own side of the road most of the time.....if it wasn't for pot holes..... but dont get me started on that. Ill try to film my drive to work one day to demonstrate.
Another thought is that if you turn it off if it defaulted to an audible and visual indication of lane drift, but obviously I don't know if that would meet the ncap requirements for the score

Mines been off from day 1

Attachments

• 20221229_121139.jpg
    20221229_121139.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 318

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%