MG4 (Luxury) facelift or not???

GAD

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi!

I'm about to buy a new MG4, but got a discount (1500 Euro) on the pre face-lift version.
Its the face-lift where the wheels went from 17 to 18 inches, update on AC layout on the touchscreen, back window wiper and 3 instead of 2 neck supports.
It also wont get one-pedal driving, as it seems now.

Would you think its worth to go for the discount or should i just buy the face-lift version instead?

Do you know of any other childhood problems on the pre face-lift version?

Kind regards
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have the first edition ... with 17" and no one-pedal

18" look nice I'll admit..

One-pedal - Had that on the Leaf40 - Dont miss it - regen 3 is 98% one-pedal

Rear wiper - DO miss having one - But the mine has the rear spoilers (trophy version) and the window does clear - a small vortex of water can pool at certain speeds but that soon goes if you slow or speed up..

Third Head / neck - had three on the Leaf - middle one was just a small bump - Cant comment re MG - But do think people remove it as it restricts the rear view.

Now AC Update - YES - But then I had all my s/w updated on mine to the 'Current' new style as yeah it had the s/w blips ... Not so much now - Lots of minor issues have been sorted in the last year with the s/w updates..

But its your choice at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I'm about to buy a new MG4, but got a discount (1500 Euro) on the pre face-lift version.
Its the face-lift where the wheels went from 17 to 18 inches, update on AC layout on the touchscreen, back window viper and 3 instead of 2 neck supports.
It also wont get one-pedal driving, as it seems now.

Would you think its worth to go for the discount or should i just buy the face-lift version instead?

Do you know of any other childhood problems on the pre face-lift version?

Kind regards
Alex
I've got phase 2 and had non of the major issues but I think they have pretty much been addressed and rectified for both variations, rear wiper and 3 headrests is not anything I would even consider for a healthy discount its down to your preference, one pedal driving although i have it, have only used a few times as you have to switch on every time you restart car, it doesn't remember the setting previous used and although i quite like it wouldn't miss it, so again wouldn't sway me cos I like my money. The AC layout I'm certain is for both versions as part of newer software updates, if car is physically there to have a good test drive and look around including underside for undertray bulge and insist all latest updates are carried out to car and headunit you'll be all good, push em for more discount though sure youd get better than that for a stock vehicle.

In my opinion - which won't be shared by everyone:

I have a MY22 SE/SR but have driven the current version as a loan car during first service.

18" wheels: Look nice but lower profile tyres mean feeling the bumps/potholes more but are possibly better for cornering if you push the car close to it's limits.
A/C upgrade: Comes as a software upgrade in service interval.
Rear wiper: Could be handy after car has been parked in the rain if longer, but once underway the rear screen clears of rain droplets due to airflow*
Third headrest: Totally negates having the rear wiper, you are looking through a slot.

* Airflow charactristics (without the trophy spoiler in my case) prevent the rear window from collecting road grime so negating the need for the rear wiper in my opinion.

At the end of the day it is of course personal choice, I would save the 1500.

I got £1k off my 23 model so I'd agree with others above...needs to be more of a discount.

Also I prefer the design of the 18 inch wheels but that's personal preference.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back