MG4 Luxury - free wifi?

Does the SE have free WiFi at all but just not as good as the trophy?

Every MG4 is connected to the internet so must have a SIM card or something right?

We've used this a few times already to save on mobile data on the Trophy whilst using Android auto. I just wish you could set the hotspot to default on.

It'll be another cost cutting measure from MG. Presumably there would be considerably more spend on mobile data if it did automatically come on everytime.

Does every model have a SIM card in it then?

You can check for updates online?
Has to have otherwise you’d only be able to connect to the car remotely if you were in Bluetooth or WiFi range.

Don’t think you can check for updates online as they’re not offered over the air at the present time

Does every model have a SIM card in it then?

You can check for updates online?
I believe they have a built in SIM as opposed to a physical SIM you can remove or change.
There is an option to check for new version of the software on the page that shows the version number of the infotainment system but it always says no new version is available. I don't think that facility has been switched on by MG and might not be in the future.

When i was at the dealer, they said the Luxury version ( i believe it's called Trophy in UK) has a free included 1GB data plan per month
I use the vehicle hotspot all the time and it seems pretty good. There's no details on the data rates or limits, when I run speed tests it identifies the network as Ericsson.

Don't think there's any data limit, but it might throttle your speed after you use a certain amount. The dealer never mentioned anything about the hotspot, in fact I wouldn't have known it existed except discovering it on these forums.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back