MG4/MG ACRONYMS.

Buster72

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I am a total novice to MG/EV and as such am reading and trying to understand many of the Threads and Posts.
Having worked all my life in Engineering, I am used to acronyms.
But obviously not those frequently used here.
Could I respectfully ask that whenever an acronym or group of letters are used, the description is also used to allow newbies like me to understand them.
Thank you.

Welcome. Seriously. Just google them if you don’t understand. I too dislike them but google usually comes up with the answer. 🙂

I know what you mean, Buster72! The grammatically correct style would be Electric Vehicle (EV) for the first instance, then EV thereafter. We do this in our road safety work. For example, colleagues from different teams cannot be expexted to understand the difference between an HMP and a VMP - the first not being a prison. Answers on a postcard please...

I know what you mean, Buster72! The grammatically correct style would be Electric Vehicle (EV) for the first instance, then EV thereafter. We do this in our road safety work. For example, colleagues from different teams cannot be expexted to understand the difference between an HMP and a VMP - the first not being a prison. Answers on a postcard please...
But when was the first instance ?

Totally agree buster, one of my main annoyances with modern (cannot be bothered?) life together with incorrect formatting and punctuation.

But back to MG's, apart from having to carry out cockpit drill to remove the lane keeping assist "kill" function and turning off the headlights for every daylight drive, I am very pleased with my first EV.

...For example, colleagues from different teams cannot be expexted to understand the difference between an HMP and a VMP - the first not being a prison. Answers on a postcard please...
Too many options to wave a stick at without knowing the context, which is really your point. :)

I vote we stop all this abbreviations nonsense so how about this for 2023 called CFCE, Campaign For Concise English. Oh bugger🤭

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom