MG4 Trophy - a Guide

Thanks for your compliments.
The U and E numbers refer to the pages of the User and Infotainment manuals (I couldn't use 'I' because of the confusion with '1'). They probably won't be the same for the XPower.
One would expect that the manuals loaded into the car's infotainment system bore some resemblance to the operation of the car. Experience suggests that this doesn't always happen. Has the Infotainment/Navigation manual been updated for iSmart version 2?
My manual still have PDF comments in Chinese saying something to the effect of "Remove this paragraph" ;-)

This is a Guide to an MG4 Trophy (2023 version with R40 infotainment software) which is intended to help drivers quickly understand the features available. I am attaching the pdf version of the Guide to this post. A Word version is also available from a Microsoft OneDrive together with an ‘organisation’ chart of the screens.

I would advise downloading the documents to view them, as opposed to using the online Word and Excel apps, in order to preserve formatting.

The documents available for download are:

A pdf file of the Guide, this is the one to download if you just want the Guide to read.​
A Microsoft ‘Word’ file. Download this only if you wish to amend the document. You will need to have ‘Word’ experience.​
A Microsoft ‘Excel’ file with worksheets showing charts of the ‘Infotainment’ screens.​

Click on the left of the document(s) you want to download, to highlight the document details, and then click on Download on the menu bar at the top. The documents will download to your default directory.

Clicking on the document name will open it in the online MS app (Word and Excel). However, the formatting may not be correct.

Clicking on the three dots to the right of the document name, or right clicking on the name, gives a menu of options.

The Excel file was used to compile the appendices used in the Guide. These were then copied and pasted as a ‘picture’ into the guide. If you wish to modify them, this should be done in Excel. You may need to ‘Ungroup’ the components.

It should be possible to print out the pdf or Word files double sided but the appendices might be better printed single sided, due to ‘bleed through’.

Under the terms of my copyright, you may change and reissue the document, provided you acknowledge my original authorship and do not sell the guide.

I have acknowledged the help given to me by posts on this Forum.

Please let me have comments, especially about errors or omissions, either as a post on this thread or as a private message. If your comments are extensive, please use Revision Marking in 'Word'.

Thanks
David Griffiths
EDIT The document has been removed and replaced with the second edition on 16th January 2024. See the post on this date.
This is awesome!! Thanks

I'm confused. The Trophy only has two modes in the lane assist system ? Or is there a difference between LR and ER?
Sorry to take so long to reply.
The Lane Keeping Assist mode (in MG Pilot) has three settings on our Trophy LR: Alert, Lane Departure Assist or Emergency Lane Keeping. There might be differences between the LR and ER or between models with different software versions.

Sorry to take so long to reply.
The Lane Keeping Assist mode (in MG Pilot) has three settings on our Trophy LR: Alert, Lane Departure Assist or Emergency Lane Keeping. There might be differences between the LR and ER or between models with different software versions.
Thanks for checking. So they are the same. Maybe you should consider changing 4.3.5.
Also, MG does not treat Alert mode as an Assist function on the dash. If you chose Alert, the symbol on the dash turns to yellow as if the whole lane assist is turned off (main switch). There is no feedback about when Alert is operational, although it does go into standby given the circumstances.
However, if you chose LDW or ELK it shows a green symbol when it works, and a white one in case it is on standby.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back