MG4 MGPilot setting reset after every stop

kristian mathisen

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
MG4 MGPilot setting reset after every stop. Every time i change something the settings just go back to what it was original after i stop the car.

It needs a quicker way to turn it off while driving. The manual says that it can and will play up on certain road surfaces and under certain road conditions, and if that happens it should be turned off immediately. Good luck with that, tabbing through screens on a touchscreen while the car is doing something tricksy.

That's the reason most of us keep it turned off. It's safer not to have it on at all than to go through the procedure to turn it off if it starts to pull the car around.

It needs a quicker way to turn it off while driving. The manual says that it can and will play up on certain road surfaces and under certain road conditions, and if that happens it should be turned off immediately. Good luck with that, tabbing through screens on a touchscreen while the car is doing something tricksy.

That's the reason most of us keep it turned off. It's safer not to have it on at all than to go through the procedure to turn it off if it starts to pull the car around.
Best way is to turn it off before selecting drive. Just a few taps.

Agreed. Absolutely. But if they want you to use it at all they need to make it easy to switch off on the fly.
I think they should ditch the volume buttons which I have never used as the right joystick is for this , and use one of those for LKA on / off. Then the other button could be another star button. That would be a much better use of buttons.

I think they should ditch the volume buttons which I have never used as the right joystick is for this , and use one of those for LKA on / off. Then the other button could be another star button. That would be a much better use of buttons.
Perhaps this is something that could be achieved if anyone can ever get access to the system…whether that happens is another thing though! Maybe someone rooting around the engineers menu will find it

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back