MG4 passenger seat height

Flyingfish

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there - could someone with an MG4 EV do me a HUGE favour and measure the height of the passenger seat and passenger door from the ground?? I own an MG ZS EV but the passenger seat's now too hight for my elderly mum. I'm thinking of hiring an MG4 EV to take her on holiday but can't find out the seat height for her!

@Rolfe often takes some of her older lady friends to music practice etc. and reports that they don't seem to have issues getting in and out of the MG4. The main thing with the MG4 is the wider door sill.

I did have one of the elderly friends remark the other day that my car was harder to get out of, but it seemed to be the wide sill she was talking about.

More recently I took both her and her 80+ husband to the film club. Her husband has mobility problems, walks with a stick, and has a blue badge. He sat in front and seemed to manage fine without any help.

It's terribly subjective. I don't even notice the sill. But there's an entire YouTube video about how the YouTuber is returning this awful car, it's absolutely terrible (a Trophy) and when you watch it it's all about how his wife thinks the seats are uncomfortable.

Yes, the sill is a bit wider. I only notice it when getting out. It isn't as easy as some cars, but the door openings are generous and the doors open wide, plus in the back you have a flat floor with a lot of foot space, which generally makes getting in easier.

Some kind of MG4 exit technique is perhaps needed to help people out - eg swing your legs around first then stand up.

Hi there - could someone with an MG4 EV do me a HUGE favour and measure the height of the passenger seat and passenger door from the ground?? I own an MG ZS EV but the passenger seat's now too hight for my elderly mum. I'm thinking of hiring an MG4 EV to take her on holiday but can't find out the seat height for her!
The height of the cill is 16in. from the ground. From the ground to the top of the seat cushion is 24in. The width from the edge of the car to the edge of the seat cushion is 12in. I hope this helps.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back