MG4 Radio - Bluetooth

Davn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi All,
Have just found this site but have only had my SE for 4 weeks so still finding out things! I little niggle I have is it keeps dropping out of the Dab stations and goes to Bluetooth music, is this a thing or just mine?

DAB works fine in my SE SR. But I've not driven it for an extended period yet (e.g. more than an hour at a go) so I don't know if the issue may be time-based.

If I'm using music I tend to use my phone with Android Auto - if I drop out of AA to the Home screen then the current track continues to play, and shows in the Media tile.

DAB works fine in my SE SR. But I've not driven it for an extended period yet (e.g. more than an hour at a go) so I don't know if the issue may be time-based.

If I'm using music I tend to use my phone with Android Auto - if I drop out of AA to the Home screen then the current track continues to play, and shows in the Media tile.
It's not time related it can do it driving off the drive🤔

I got the same, phone moves slighty with bluetooth on, it goes to bt music, i hold the phone and waves it about, it does the same, i turn bluetooth off on the phone, wave it about, nothing, going to get the missus to try the same thing with her phone tomorrow, if her phone does it too, dealer time. Also phone seems to drop gps lying in the tray.

Cant test with another phone except if you have the app on it.
Just done a drive and all worked, what was different this time was
drive assis system was off,
lane assist was on, mode lane departure assist on.
kept the phone lying on the middle console, if it slides to the front AA will loose gps signal.
but did not get any radio changes.

I got the same, phone moves slighty with bluetooth on, it goes to bt music, i hold the phone and waves it about, it does the same, i turn bluetooth off on the phone, wave it about, nothing, going to get the missus to try the same thing with her phone tomorrow, if her phone does it too, dealer time. Also phone seems to drop gps lying in the tray.

Cant test with another phone except if you have the app on it.
Just done a drive and all worked, what was different this time was
drive assis system was off,
lane assist was on, mode lane departure assist on.
kept the phone lying on the middle console, if it slides to the front AA will loose gps signal.
but did not get any radio changes.
Will have to try that👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums