MG4 recall

fidra

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I got the recall letter in January and my MG4 went into the dealer on 30/01. They said the software update kept crashing the system and they would need to keep the car for a second day. The same happened on day 2. They said they would recall me to get the job done but a month later I’ve not heard. Worried about getting locked in the car!
They also failed to sort a problem with the front right tyre pressure sensor (for the second time) and were unable to replace the drivers left foot rest (which crumbles when you put weight on it).
Anyone else having these issues?

I got the recall letter in January and my MG4 went into the dealer on 30/01. They said the software update kept crashing the system and they would need to keep the car for a second day. The same happened on day 2. They said they would recall me to get the job done but a month later I’ve not heard. Worried about getting locked in the car!
They also failed to sort a problem with the front right tyre pressure sensor (for the second time) and were unable to replace the drivers left foot rest (which crumbles when you put weight on it).
Anyone else having these issues?
These have all happened to other people too.

Tyre pressure sensors can be finicky, sometimes need to let down then reinflated to reset the sensor. A few people have had a sensor not working that needed replacing.

All software updates are downloaded directly to the car from a China server so if the server is down the garage cannot do anything about it. It is a poor way to do it.

The lock in bug is very rare but it should get fixed asap, there is an emergency escape route through the boot that is documented in the car's manual.

Some dealers are really struggling with the new EV world, MG have not provided much in the way of training. I was discussing it with my dealer on collection and they said that they have to learn to swim themselves and figure out these things rather than have in-depth training on the new models provided by the manufacturer.

Yes, I had complete TPMS failure (all sensors) which took the dealer days to fix
Yes my footrest also crumples when any pressure is applied to it, I’ve not even bothered reporting that.

Had no foot rest problems that I know about
Update for locking in I had the same 1st time couldn’t do it 3/4 weeks later yesterday it in fact was done
Tps one of mine is a bit iffy
Les

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video