MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Oil leak mentioned here, in German. Turn on captions and translate if you need to.

All these things are fine but instead of the footlights I would get a dome light for the rear headlining. One of the main complaints from reviewers seems to be the darkness in the rear of the car obviously especially at night.
I believe you can buy different types and they just attach with velcro or similar.

Last edited:
20221127_151727~2.jpg

Puck lights on either side. The colours and brightness can be changed. Press to turn on. Comes with a remote as well. Takes 3 AA batteries.

The ones that are attached to the headliners fall off. These have been attached to the plastic side panel with double sided nano tape and feel secure.

Interesting cost/mile analysis

It looks like they didn't even drive it on the routes, they just used ABRP. Or am I reading it wrong?

Interesting but I suspect another example of people trying to paint their purchase in the most positive light possible. He said 62-64mph and the heater on and off but almost every shot showed him doing approx. 55 mph with the heater off.

2:33 to cover 82 miles. No thanks! I would have done 70mph and charged on the rapid instead of type 2. He even said there was "no traffic what so ever". Google says 1:37 mins for that route.

I really don’t understand the wording of the title of the video… why mention “cheap”, it’s almost as if they’re saying from the offset that they don’t expect it to be good. Cost doesn’t always translate directly to quality.

It’s about as relevant as saying… Can an orange EV be GOOD?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don’t understand the wording of the title of the video… why mention “cheap”
because, like it or not, 'cheap' is right at the top of the list of wants for most people looking at this car. The majority of EV owners are motivated by £££ (it's a big reason for choosing EV over ICE) and within the EV market MG are squarely aimed at the segment where £££ is the main focus. Draw a Venn diagram for the MG4 and 'cheap' is right in the centre, so yeah, Autotrader know their audience.

Not a bad review, that part with the sun roof was very funny 😁

because, like it or not, 'cheap' is right at the top of the list of wants for most people looking at this car. The majority of EV owners are motivated by £££ (it's a big reason for choosing EV over ICE) and within the EV market MG are squarely aimed at the segment where £££ is the main focus. Draw a Venn diagram for the MG4 and 'cheap' is right in the centre, so yeah, Autotrader know their audience.

Not a bad review, that part with the sun roof was very funny 😁
Apart from getting the starting price wrong ... and the wheel size ... ;)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back