MG4 Sat Nav - adding in favourites

lemarsh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
This may seem a stupid question, but is there instructions or video to show how to add in Favourites into the MG4 (Trophy) Sat Nav. I can add in destinations via address etc, but I have a number of places I need to put into the system, so i can just click on the name and it will take me there. I dont want to have to look up the address and put that in.
I have done it for Home - but other than that - i am struggling. Even we i was in the destination, I just wanted to add that in, but could not.

You can download the Navigation manual and the other user manuals here.

It will ask for your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and you will need to put the letters in uppercase for it to identify your car.

You can download the Navigation manual and the other user manuals here.

It will ask for your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and you will need to put the letters in uppercase for it to identify your car.
You can also view and download the car's manuals with the iSmart app. Although they should be the manuals relevant to the car, they are not always correct.
In my experience, manuals downloaded from the Web are not up to date. For example the AC screen shown is the old one.

Here's how you manage your favourites list.

To add a favourite
In the Nav screen, tap the search icon (magnifying glass)
Search for your destination by postcode, town, feature etc
From the list tap the one you want and it will calculate the route, on the left hand side you'll get a big blue GO button and under that a star icon
Tap the star, which pops up a message "Favourite Added", the star is now a solid blue.
You can tap GO to start navigating, or the X to quit the search.

To recall a favourite
From the Nav screen, tap the black star icon under the search icon and your favourites list will pop up.
Tap the one you want, and then GO to start.

To remove a favourite
From the recalled favourites list, tap the pen icon at the top, scroll to the one you want to remove and tap the bin icon next to it. A message "Favourite Removed" will pop up

OR

From a favourite recalled into the Nav screen, tap the solid blue star icon under GO.
You get a "Favourite Removed" message pop up and the star is now a black outline.

I hope this helps

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel