MG4 SE SR (Excite 51) one pedal & rear end ‘bump’ ?

AusCo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I’ve noticed that going into ‘one pedal’, the rear drive (motor?) seems to ‘tighten up’ the drive train, trying To work out if it’s an effect of being in max regen in this mode. Once stationary and in ‘hold’ mode after about a minute the rear end seems to relax with a gentle bump. Feels like someone has bumped the car when walking past. Anyone had/having the same ?

I experience this also.
I think it maybe the handbrake being auto applied after a set period of time as have seen the red "P" being displayed after the "nudge".
I can predict it happening now and assume it is normal behavior.

Ahhh I hadn't noticed the red "P" coming on, I'll look out for that now that you mention it. I'm just glad someone knew what I was talking about 😂. It was a bit of a difficult one to describe if you haven't experienced it.

I remember when it happened first, I got out to inspect the rear bumper, thinking the car behind had collided with me. I must have looked like a right tool to them😄
I’ve been keeping an eye out to see if the car goes into “P” when I get the bump. Mine doesn’t, it’s still in ‘hold’ the green A with green rings around it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back