MG4 SE SR rims are built tough

502BBC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
This is an unfortunate ending for my MG4, after being in the dealer for weeks for a simple infotainment update which MG Certified Service Centre denied, I recieved the car as delivered and drove it for running errands and small stuff.

Got involved in a stupid crash today, an elder person drove me off the road and I hit the sidewalk with my front right wheel going about 50kmh. The impact was hard and right side of the car for sure took some air, I thought the whole wheel assembly might be ripped but MG4 didn't even care.

Funny enough I was planning on replacing the poverty spec steelies with nice looking replica wheels IF the local MG shop was willing to update the car, thank god!

No need to anymore as I see it, these steelies are built better than MG's whole post-purchase service team, good ol chinese steel FTW

How is the car overall? You said "unfortunate ending", but this doesn't look like a write-off to me.
Hey Rolfe, I should've clarified, some of the left side is scratched due to the old guy pushing me off the road and you're right it's not a write-off as none of the airbags were deployed. Car will be repaired by MG and I'll sell it after the repairs.

But the reason I call it an ending is despite all my attempts to keep this car, it is not loved by anyone in the office due to the safety features which was the main reason I bought this car. For myself I use the Tesla on anything over 10 minute drive and frankly I don't have a use for a car that is not going to get updates and stuck on R13 for its entire life (initially planned to keep the car till 7 year warranty at the least)

The only use left for me was to drive it in town where there is a high risk of accidents, and the car served its purpose. On the other hand if MG Turkey reached out to me and said "If you pay x amount of money, we will update your car" **** and just take my money, but since they told me they won't update the car, and on top of that MG iSmart or Lite won't be available in Turkey, I rather take my business to companies that actually do their work.

The beginning of my journey was that I planned on converting my petrol/diesel company car fleet to MG4's and financially would've benefit me on long term but I come to realize I've instead gotten a bunch of promises from MG Turkey, I'm glad I first bought a single car to test the waters, I would've been 4 times more pissed off if I had even more MG4's that nobody wants.

So to sum it up, I'll keep the car in my garage until its sold, won't ever buy a Suzuki/MG (both companies are sold under the same branch and same management that I won't ever do business with. This forum has been very informative about many subjects so thanks and my case is very specific, car itself is pretty ok and it grew on me but to anyone dealing with MG/Suzuki team in Turkey I wish them best of luck.

Oh, that's a real shame, but I completely understand where you're coming from. You've been treated really badly compared to those of us in other countries.

I keep hearing people complaining about LKA and so on in other makes of car too though, so you'd better choose carefully if you're looking for a different fleet model. If people can't be bothered turning it off!

All the best with your Tesla, anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums