MG4 SE SR

KaloyanP

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone know whether SE trim offers rear view camera or just rear sensors?

For good or bad I have bought MG4 SE SR, rang the dealership yesterday to ask if they have something in stock, they had 3 MG4s SE SR in black, grey and red, so I did the peperwork online and collecting it next Saturday 10th December. It lacks some of the features but for £26K I cannot complain 🙄

For good or bad I have bought MG4 SE SR, rang the dealership yesterday to ask if they have something in stock, they had 3 MG4s SE SR in black, grey and red, so I did the peperwork online and collecting it next Saturday 10th December. It lacks some of the features but for £26K I cannot complain 🙄
I have never bought a new Car but I tried buying a CPO Tesla Model S in late 2019 paid a deposit and after 8 weeks of waiting for a car that was in stock I cancelled and Tried again a month later and got messed about so I gave up on Tesla.

I have test driven almost all other EV that came out in the last 3 years ionic, ev6, Kona, Zs etc. But having test drove the MG4, you cannot get more value for money . I have had mine for 10 days and its been an absolute dream, lucky for me I have not had any of the reported issues. I have not regretted my decision and I do not have buyers remorse either, while some users have legitimate issues but there are countless other users like myself enjoying their cars without coming online to report how good their purchase is.

I have never bought a new Car but I tried buying a CPO Tesla Model S in late 2019 paid a deposit and after 8 weeks of waiting for a car that was in stock I cancelled and Tried again a month later and got messed about so I gave up on Tesla.

I have test driven almost all other EV that came out in the last 3 years ionic, ev6, Kona, Zs etc. But having test drove the MG4, you cannot get more value for money . I have had mine for 10 days and its been an absolute dream, lucky for me I have not had any of the reported issues. I have not regretted my decision and I do not have buyers remorse either, while some users have legitimate issues but there are countless other users like myself enjoying their cars without coming online to report how good their purchase is.
Thank you for posting a positive experience of owning your MG4. Those of us who are still waiting for delivery need postings like this to reaffirm that we have made the right decision.

Thank you for posting a positive experience of owning your MG4. Those of us who are still waiting for delivery need postings like this to reaffirm that we have made the right decision.
Are you waiting for a certain spec and colour? There is some stock available around the dealerships, as I mentioned without reserving whatsoever I called up on Saturday, there were 3 cars available all SE SR and I bought one straight away.

I would also like to ask those who have already collected theirs MG4s about heated door mirrors. I have seen on the spec list that even SE trim offers this feature but could not see how it is activated. Does anyone know? Thank you in advance.

Are you waiting for a certain spec and colour? There is some stock available around the dealerships, as I mentioned without reserving whatsoever I called up on Saturday, there were 3 cars available all SE SR and I bought one straight away.
As my signature says I've got a Dynamic Red Trophy on order which could be delivered in the next couple of weeks 🤞

I would also like to ask those who have already collected theirs MG4s about heated door mirrors. I have seen on the spec list that even SE trim offers this feature but could not see how it is activated. Does anyone know? Thank you in advance.
The come on with the heated rear window.

Hi KaloyanP good to hear your news ordered a new MG4 SE Holborn Blue at the beginning of November and dealer said would be delivered early December. He contacted me over the weekend end to say arrived at port. Does anyone know how long they stay in port before delivery and registration?

Hi KaloyanP good to hear your news ordered a new MG4 SE Holborn Blue at the beginning of November and dealer said would be delivered early December. He contacted me over the weekend end to say arrived at port. Does anyone know how long they stay in port before delivery and registration?
It should take about a week If the cars are in the UK.

In my case mine arrived at port 21-Oct and I collected 25-Nov ... a few days after it arrived at the dealer. The problem appears to be HGV drivers (or lack thereof) to move the cars from the port to their destinations. I reckon banking on a week is highly optimistic.

Thanks - I’m getting the Supergard treatment as well which I assume the dealership is doing so a couple of days on top - so hopefully before Christmas 🤞🤞
I can only tell from experience with Leeds dealership, which I am super happy with. My first MG5 I bought from them was at the port, and just after one week I got it collected and with that glass ceramic coat on as well. With the MG4 now I am collecting it this Saturday when I only bought it last one, so again one week with that paint and salon treatment.

Last edited:
In my case mine arrived at port 21-Oct and I collected 25-Nov ... a few days after it arrived at the dealer. The problem appears to be HGV drivers (or lack thereof) to move the cars from the port to their destinations. I reckon banking on a week is highly optimistic.
Morning siteguru - thanks for info - I assume all the cars come into UK via Bristol Docks - do dealerships have dedicated transport to their own showrooms? Or do the HGV’s wait for a full load before distributing?

No idea - I'm not involved in logistics, or with MG in any way (other than as a customer). I just know that there is generally an issue with availability of HGV drivers (and not just for car transporting).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back