MG4 Seats

Considering the MG4's seats, I am...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bit on my Peugeot that went wasn't Alcantara, it was actual leather. The Golf fabric seat didn't go as such, it was just showing very clear wear.

I backed off from going full leather on the Golf for much the reasons you state, also that the black leather made the interior very dark, also the red-and-grey tartan of the fabric seats was pretty chic. (Also I was able to specify the DSG with the money I saved!)

This is very subjective I know, everyone is different, however, after 4.5k miles in my car I have found the seats not particularly comfortable. The thigh support is short and the fabric used coupled with the foam within the seats can make for a less than supportive experience. A YouTube video of a test drive brings this up too at 8:45.

So, I ordered some covers from Ali Express. After installing these, In my experience I have noticed a good improvement in, general overall comfort, support (the seats now seem to hold me in place better), general ride quality as the fabric and foam no longer have the direct effects they did.

As a note, I am of standard build, height and weight, if anything fairly well toned and I don't drive like a boy racer.

So, I think a quick poll on seating quality for the MG4 may be interesting.

View attachment 21128View attachment 21129
you can also post the link of the seat covers you got on aliexpress, thanks

Oh god it's the hairdresser about to moan..

Well, the only moan I have is for the back rake adjust. It's got a lever not a mechanism and it's a pain in the arsecles if you need to adjust it. Other than that, for seats with no lumbar, I'd say they're very good. ^faints^. The problem is the whole ruddy lka and steering wheel position. It's off centre to the left about 10mm. For me to be comfy, I'm up against the wheel with left knee in the steering column shroud. Why? I've Benign Familial Tremor and my legs with squirm and shake. Left is worse, so if I can stop it, then being close does it buts because its not centred on the groins, it hurts after a long journey. giggles Joanne likes it in the middle lol. But the seats are OK. A ski chute in the middle rear would be better but it's OK.

This is very subjective I know, everyone is different, however, after 4.5k miles in my car I have found the seats not particularly comfortable. The thigh support is short and the fabric used coupled with the foam within the seats can make for a less than supportive experience. A YouTube video of a test drive brings this up too at 8:45.

So, I ordered some covers from Ali Express. After installing these, In my experience I have noticed a good improvement in, general overall comfort, support (the seats now seem to hold me in place better), general ride quality as the fabric and foam no longer have the direct effects they did.

As a note, I am of standard build, height and weight, if anything fairly well toned and I don't drive like a boy racer.

So, I think a quick poll on seating quality for the MG4 may be interesting.

View attachment 21128View attachment 21129
Could you share links to those custom covers? Seem interesting.

You need a bit more fat on you to cushion the effects. 😉
Animated GIF

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums