MG4 software update Europe/Netherlands 2024

Joep

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Dear all,

I am driving a MG4 luxury for 2 weeks now. I'm getting used to driving electric and I must say, I like it very much.
The car drives very comfortably, but with the software there are some parts that irritate me:
1. The lane assist is not a success. Especially if you're not on the highway the lane assist does not know what to do. Putting it off is a lot of work in the menu.
2. Changing the climate is not very accessible from android auto menu
3. Notifications with android auto are sometimes randomly very loud
4. 1 out of 10 the car is not recognizing my phone anymore and I have to reset the bluetooth with my phone
5. The app on my phone is sometimes struggling with connection to the car. Im not really sure if the scheduled battery heating is working (and what it does).

I heard there is an update in Austalia (and other countries/continents) where a lot of these issues are fixed or improved. I have added a video where you can see this:

I called the salesman from the company where I got the car to ask if I could have the update but he said there is no update (or yet). He didn't have more information.

Does anybody know if, or when this update will be available in Holland/Europe? I can't wait for this issues to be fixed. I can't find any information about this on the internet.

Solution
Changing the climate from AA/car play, I have a tip for that. Double tap the fan off button and it pops the climate menu up over the mirrored screen*

*in my version of the software anyway, your results may vary.
Changing the climate from AA/car play, I have a tip for that. Double tap the fan off button and it pops the climate menu up over the mirrored screen*

*in my version of the software anyway, your results may vary.
This one is useful, thank you.
Point 3 is fixed within the Flitsmeister app on my mobile phone.
Only point 1, 4, and 5 to go. Let's hope there will be a update soon. If anybody knows something about this update please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel