MG4 STANDARD (SE) MY22 heated seats Upgrade?

nils0x

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So we got our SE as a lease a few months ago. The dealer told us that he will be enabling the heated seats at our tire change appointment in October. Since then I squeezed google as hard as I could trying to find some information about how this is done. Without any success.

If this works as the dealer claims it would mean that the MY22 SE already has the hardware for the heated seats but it gets disabled through software. This would be very interesting as it would potentially open up new modding/upgrading paths.

So what I'm asking for is if anyone else has already had heated seats enabled in the MY22 SE and would be willing to share their experiences.

Doesn't sound right to me. If MG haven't put in the wiring for rear speakers in the SE I can't see them putting disconnected heated seats in either. Have you looked under the seats to see if he wiring is there?
Neither does it to me but it's in the contract so either he'll be able to fulfill this or we need to find another way (wouldn't mind if they replaced it with a comfort or luxury 😁). I'll try to look for the wiring tomorrow. Would be great if someone with heated seats could show me where to find the wiring so I can compare and make sure I'm getting this right.

Update for anyone still interested:
We brought the car in for the upgrade on Friday. I got a call from the dealer who told me that their mechanic got sick. After asking him about the wiring he told us that the entire wiring needs to be put in by their engineers but the Seats are the same. This is very interesting because it implies that every Standard can be upgraded if you put in the wiring. I did not expect this car to be this kind of upgradeable.
If anyone has any more questions I wil be happy to answer them :)

Update for anyone still interested:
We brought the car in for the upgrade on Friday. I got a call from the dealer who told me that their mechanic got sick. After asking him about the wiring he told us that the entire wiring needs to be put in by their engineers but the Seats are the same. This is very interesting because it implies that every Standard can be upgraded if you put in the wiring. I did not expect this car to be this kind of upgradeable.
If anyone has any more questions I wil be happy to answer them :)
I would be interested to hear further updates on this when there is some progress.

Did you get any further on this @nils0x ?
I assume the infotainment software would also need an update to include the necessary controls?

Or as soon as the seats are enabled, the firmware recognises it and activates it?

As a result of this message, I started to check my MG4 SE 2023 and I could see that the wiring is already installed on the seats, they are yellow, I will upload photos later, I want to understand that in principle only a software update would be needed

How was it in the end? Could they put the heated seats on it?

Has anyone else asked MG dealers about updating this feature in the MG4 SE?

A while ago I saw a video in Spanish where it was said that the 2023 MG4 SE was going to be updated with seat heating.

When the software gets cracked, I bet its on an engineering menu.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back