MG4 Steering Wheel Shortcuts for HVAC and Regen?

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - another MG4 review video!
I found this one particularly interesting as I’ve seen criticism of the HVAC and Regen controls being buried in the infotainment menu.
Here, he uses the steering wheel to manage both areas…
Does anyone also do this on their car?

I don't (can't) change regen on my car via the steering wheel controls (as the SE limits what the left star button can do), but I do use the right star button for HVAC control.

I have my left set up to activate the 360 camera, the right for the HVAC. I never adjust my regen from level 3 so didn't see the point of putting it on the short cut.

I have my left set up to activate the 360 camera, the right for the HVAC. I never adjust my regen from level 3 so didn't see the point of putting it on the short cut.
Does the regen not default back to a standard setting after a restart, or does the selected option remain?

I found this one particularly interesting as I’ve seen criticism of the HVAC and Regen controls being buried in the infotainment menu.

I have regen on the left Fav button so I can switch to what I want, obviously it defaults to 3 each restart. HVAC on the right and this works really well for me.
Trophy so have the additional options for the fav buttons.

Love Autogefuhl - on the regen thing, I never adjust it, 3 feels best for me under all conditions apart from snow when I might adjust it but that is very infrequent here. If anything I would like more regen for true 1 pedal driving but in the absence of that I find regen 3 is pretty good.

Last edited:
I had a play with Adaptive regen today - I quite like it; it'll coast with low regen unless there's a slower vehicle in front, or I start to press the brake pedal, whereupon it'll apply heavier regen. :)

Yes, I’ve used it on a couple of EV’s and like it. I’m surprised that MG did not make it the default setting.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back