MG4 Trophy dashboard rattle

Roberto 2761

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all
Our new MG4 has an annoying rattle that I think is getting worse,
It seems as though it is in the passenger side of dashboard has anybody else had this issue or any ideas of what causes it.
I will be taking it into MG to see what can be done just wondered if anyone has had this problem.

Hi all
It seems as though it is in the passenger side of dashboard has anybody else had this issue or any ideas of what causes it.
I will be taking it into MG to see what can be done just wondered if anyone has had this problem.
The two most reasons for this happening is 1, the air con vents under the glove box, that can easily be remedied with sticky felt around the edges, 2 you've got glasses in the overhead holder 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
Had the same. Put your head under dash on passenger side and you will see where the air vents point at the floor. Three pronged coming through the underside. Is not fixed. Vibrates where it comes through. Just tape or felt.

The two most reasons for this happening is 1, the air con vents under the glove box, that can easily be remedied with sticky felt around the edges, 2 you've got glasses in the overhead holder 🤷‍♂️
Haha - sunglasses got me. It sounded like something in the glove box and was niggling me for about a week and then I realised it was metal-framed shades in the holder!! Now in a cloth case and all quiet and no rattles. :cool:

Hi all

Absolutely check if you have put glasses in the sunglasses holder. With me, day 2, I'm hearing this rattle, although I didn't remember hearing it on the way back from the dealer the previous day. It really did sound like the passenger side of the dashboard. Heart sank. But then someone on the forum suggested the sunglasses thing, and of course I had put mine in there when I got the car home.

Soft case acquired, end of problem.

Absolutely check if you have put glasses in the sunglasses holder. With me, day 2, I'm hearing this rattle, although I didn't remember hearing it on the way back from the dealer the previous day. It really did sound like the passenger side of the dashboard. Heart sank. But then someone on the forum suggested the sunglasses thing, and of course I had put mine in there when I got the car home.

Soft case acquired, end of problem.
Not like you to be late to the party 😅

Had the same. Put your head under dash on passenger side and you will see where the air vents point at the floor. Three pronged coming through the underside. Is not fixed. Vibrates where it comes through. Just tape or felt.
Thanks Daniel will be doing that
Many thanks.

OK, so here goes my experience. The 10" screen was vibrating !!!!! You check if it is that or not by simply pressing on the screen with your finger to stabilize the screen. Went in once when they tried to just "put some washers". That didn't fix it. They said the need to take the front off. So next time it went it they must have done it because now it is solid. No sound. Excellent drive

Roberto 2761

Have you traced the rattle yet. Just interested in the result.
Hi Peter
At the moment no joy I have taped & felted the air vents under dash passenger side checked sunglass case taken glasses out completely also checked the 10 inch screen,
Still getting the annoying rattles it will have to go in to MG derby.
Many thanks

Hi Peter
At the moment no joy I have taped & felted the air vents under dash passenger side checked sunglass case taken glasses out completely also checked the 10 inch screen,
Still getting the annoying rattles it will have to go in to MG derby.
Many thanks
Please keep us informed of the result.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 514 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums