MG4 Trophy fuel economy records?

StuartT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So today I was driving from Brighton to Oxford and wanted to see what fuel economy I could achieve by just setting the cruise to 55mph in eco mode. Took a little longer than usual, of course, but I’m v impressed with how economical it was!

5.3 miles per kWh

Can anyone beat that, I wonder?

Attachments

• IMG_3665.jpeg
    IMG_3665.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 141
So today I was driving from Brighton to Oxford and wanted to see what fuel economy I could achieve by just setting the cruise to 55mph in eco mode. Took a little longer than usual, of course, but I’m v impressed with how economical it was!

5.3 miles per kWh

Can anyone beat that, I wonder?
Average 44 mph (71 km/h). The consumption seems OK (at least when compared to my Leaf).

Interesting to see that the MG4 seems to use the most recent fuel economy figure you got when it gives the range (rather than just quoting the standard figure of 270 miles). Mine is now showing a range of 342 miles on a 90% charge!

Attachments

• IMG_3666.jpeg
    IMG_3666.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 93
Interesting to see that the MG4 seems to use the most recent fuel economy figure you got when it gives the range (rather than just quoting the standard figure of 270 miles). Mine is now showing a range of 342 miles on a 90% charge!
Yes that's right... I think for ICE car it's similar...whenever I filled gas to full tank it will calculate the max km based on my previous journey...

11.8 kWh/100km...
Or 5.265858 mi/kWh

;p

Attachments

• IMG-20231128-WA0049.jpeg
    IMG-20231128-WA0049.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Never managed that. I hyper mile all the time as much as i could. Feather touch accelerator, eco mode, extremely gentle acceleration annoying everyone. But AC with heater on all the time. Now averaging between 2.7 and 3.5 mi/kWh in this cold weather. Mostly school runs with a 3 mile round trip. If on motorways 55 or 60 mph depending on how annoyed the truck drivers will be. The best i achieved was 4.3 mi/kWh driving like above said on a 10°C day on 100 mile round trip. I feel like i should be getting around 6 mi/kWh with this type of driving. I’m just experimenting different driving styles as it’s only been few weeks since I got my Trophy. I’ll settle on something that doesn’t annoy fellow drivers as my experiment with hypermiling is not very fruitful.

The Other Poster lives in Indonesia, the OP will always get higher miles/kWh than we do because the Traction battery likes to be warm.

I have decided that my driving style will not change, except perhaps for trying to stick to 60-65 mph on motorways, because I cannot see it will add very much to the saving I currently get not having an ICE car and driving the MG4 is so relaxing. (Subject to pre-journey settings.)

The Other Poster lives in Indonesia, the OP will always get higher miles/kWh than we do because the Traction battery likes to be warm.

I have decided that my driving style will not change, except perhaps for trying to stick to 60-65 on motorways, because I cannot see it will add very much to the saving I currently get not having an ICE car and driving the MG4 is so relaxing. (Subject to pre-journey settings.)
thats right. seems like the ev batteries likes the tropical climate better. i cruised in the highway most of the time during this trip. and some windy b roads...

The traffic might force a lower average speed, which will also help economy. @halogen, what sort of speeds was your record set at?
Max 75-80 km/h... the traffic was forgiving yesterday on the highway, but the B road was full of trucks so I needed to bypass with vigilance haha

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel