MG4 Trophy in Volcano Orange, collecting before end September🤞

Deleted member 9692

Reaction score
Just been to my local dealer. He has confirmed that they are receiving 4 cars. Two SE’s in white and two Trophy in Orange, one of which is mine. He thinks collection before end September is probable. 😀

Last edited:
It's not fair :cry:

My dealer has just rung me as well, offering me first dibs on a red, black or white Trophy in September. My wife, however, has put her foot down and insisted we get the Orange Trophy.

Unfortunately for us, my dealer's management have insisted that the Orange Trophy they will be receiving must be retained as the showroom car and is not to be sold.

My only option, assuming I wish to remain married, is to place the order for an orange one now then wait another 4 to 5 months for it to be delivered.

All this after waiting most of 2022 waiting for a mythical ZS!!!!

My dealer has just rung me as well, offering me first dibs on a red, black or white Trophy in September. My wife, however, has put her foot down and insisted we get the Orange Trophy.

Unfortunately for us, my dealer's management have insisted that the Orange Trophy they will be receiving must be retained as the showroom car and is not to be sold.

My only option, assuming I wish to remain married, is to place the order for an orange one now then wait another 4 to 5 months for it to be delivered.

Wow mate! I feel for you. But it Will be cheaper than a divorce 👍

I'm surprised orange is so popular. I think its because all of yhe adverts are mostly orange, I can't think of any other similar car where orange was a standard popular colour

Just been to my local dealer. He has confirmed that they are receiving 4 cars. Two SE’s in white and two Trophy in Orange, one of which is mine. He thinks collection on 17/9/22 is probable. 😀
Congrats hopefully.

Wish my dealer(s) were as helpful.

Went to see an ID3 as a next best thing for real world viewing. Still seemingly on for the MG4 but I am now wondering whether I need a Trophy over the base SE... Is there £6k difference?

Unfortunately for us, my dealer's management have insisted that the Orange Trophy they will be receiving must be retained as the showroom car and is not

Sometimes, a dealer could do a swap with another dealer, you could always ask them if they could search for another dealers stock and ask if the other dealer was interested?

Just been to my local dealer. He has confirmed that they are receiving 4 cars. Two SE’s in white and two Trophy in Orange, one of which is mine. He thinks collection on 17/9/22 is probable. 😀
Were the SE as standard or long range?

I'm surprised orange is so popular. I think its because all of yhe adverts are mostly orange, I can't think of any other similar car where orange was a standard popular colour
It's the free colour and metallic on the new Kia Niro but doesn't seem popular. If MG made it the free colour and didn't show it on press photos, hardly anyone would want it.

@Atsham I think they are LR but I wouldn't bet my life on it. The dealership is Hammonds in Halesworth. 01986 834096, sales guy is Leigh - [email protected]
Appreciate the info, as my local dealer only had 2 SE Standard ranges for sale in September. I'll drop him an email as I've reserved a Trophy at the moment but rather save £3k for a SE long range.

Appreciate the info, as my local dealer only had 2 SE Standard ranges for sale in September. I'll drop him an email as I've reserved a Trophy at the moment but rather save £3k for a SE long range.
If you don't mind sharing your dealer details. Asking for a friend who's looking for SE Standard range.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back