MG4 trophy long range cheaper than 2022 price

mg4newcomer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have come across this deal:

This is cheaper than what I paid for back in Oct 2022. I've cancelled my order with the dealership as the near £1k saving is too much to ignore.

Have come across this deal:

This is cheaper than what I paid for back in Oct 2022. I've cancelled my order with the dealership as the near £1k saving is too much to ignore.
But the APR is criminal

But the APR is criminal
Agree unless your a cash buyer you'd probably be worse of, 10.9% Apr over 4 years on PCP, same on 5 years hp. 11.9 on PCP over 3

Yes apologies should have made that more clear. This deal is really aimed at a cash buyer. I still think it's worthy of a mention given the current RRP of £32.5k vs this deal at just under £31k.

I have mixed feelings about them. I ordered a ZS EV LR Trophy for ~£26,500, but between me placing the order with them, and them placing it with a dealer, the gov grant was reduced. They came back to me asking for £2k extra to continue.

I told them to stick it as them not placing the order in a timely fashion wasn't my fault.

I'm glad it happened as the MG4 is so much better.

We've gone with these. Cancelled our SE LR order and now have a red Trophy anticipated to be delivered within the next month as they are in the country.

Been confirmed we get both charging cables. I have also found one poster suggesting we might get mats as well (but I didn't check that).

It will also be in my name only on the V5.

Got a decent price for our old Focus part ex.

They seem to get very reasonable feedback online. We realise it's a bit of a gamble though.

Will report back on how we get on.

I bought through them, no problems at all. Car came when they said with all cables and mats. Arrived at the house on a trailer in perfect condition.
Can you not do finance through the bank rather than their option?

I bought through them, no problems at all. Car came when they said with all cables and mats. Arrived at the house on a trailer in perfect condition.
Can you not do finance through the bank rather than their option?
I'm a cash buyer plus the part ex Rob, so fortunately not a consideration. Reassuring to hear of your experience!

Isn't this around the same price it was originally before the £1000 hike?
I think so yes. A bit cheaper even. Before the part ex it was £31,582 in dynamic red (the most expensive paint colour I think)

Given that's with mats and 2 cables, not a bad deal.

I think so yes. A bit cheaper even. Before the part ex it was £31,582 in dynamic red (the most expensive paint colour I think)

Given that's with mats and 2 cables, not a bad deal.
The original price for the Trophy was £31,495 for either of the "free" colours - Arctic White or Holborn Blue.
Dynamic Red was another £695, so £32,190 in total.

For those interested this was the email I got yesterday:

"Further to your recent enquiry on the MG4.

We now have in stock – ready for March 23 plate delivery the following:

MG MG4 Hatchback 150KW Trophy EV LONG RANGE

ARCTIC WHITE or HOLBORN BLUE SOLID PAINTS - £30,887

PEARL BLACK, CMADEN GREY - £31,432

DYNAMIC RED - £31,582"

Obviously I haven't got the car yet so I'm not going to sing their praises but they are worth bearing in mind.

I'm also not too far from head office so I can get there to kick up a fuss if required!

Update - £500 deposit was paid 23 Feb. Still no delivery date. Was told Monday that "... although they [MG] told me they were in stock, when I chased on Friday some colours had arrived in but the Dynamic Red were actually due in stock anyday now and so we will be offering delivery very soon."

It would be fair to say I am not hugely optimistic.

Update - £500 deposit was paid 23 Feb. Still no delivery date. Was told Monday that "... although they [MG] told me they were in stock, when I chased on Friday some colours had arrived in but the Dynamic Red were actually due in stock anyday now and so we will be offering delivery very soon."

It would be fair to say I am not hugely optimistic.

I'm expecting a Dynamic Red Trophy to arrive at the docks next week so fingers crossed we both might be lucky.

Further update on purchasing from these.

I've continued to get regular updates. They have now said I have a car allocated, they are due to receive it 21st March with delivery to me within approximately a week after that. They've apologised for that because they expected it to be sooner, but works ok for us.

It could mean we have a 200+ mile trip to Scotland over Easter as an early test of the drive and battery!

Further update on purchasing from these.

I've continued to get regular updates. They have now said I have a car allocated, they are due to receive it 21st March with delivery to me within approximately a week after that. They've apologised for that because they expected it to be sooner, but works ok for us.

It could mean we have a 200+ mile trip to Scotland over Easter as an early test of the drive and battery!
That's great news! 😁

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel