MG4 Trophy no driver monitor

trophy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Quick question for anyone that have their MG4 trophy...

Do you have your driver monitor? I drove mine home and realised once home the monitor is not there (I dont plan on using it but thinking about resale value and a feature being missing) I gave my dealer a call and have been asked to bring it in and they will "find" it. I am not sure where they expect it to be hiding.

Just trying to work out if this is a common issue or not.

Yeah I figured I would just switch it off anyways so its not a massive concern just that little worry about putting buyers off way down the line if I sell it private

Surely the sensor had some sort of value. It is still being advertised as having a driver attention alert online. Is it somewhere else? Selling the car at full price with a missing feature seems wrong, no idea what the sensor is worth, even if they knock off £100 or something better than nothing!

Surely the sensor had some sort of value. It is still being advertised as having a driver attention alert online. Is it somewhere else? Selling the car at full price with a missing feature seems wrong, no idea what the sensor is worth, even if they knock off £100 or something better than nothing!
The SE is also advertised as having Driver Attention Alert and it never has had the inferred eye monitor.

I picked up my Trophy last week and im so pleased it isn't there as it looks like an awkward cheap addition to the steering column. A US friend of mine had one in his truck and used to pull faces at it to make it think he was never tired

They all have driver attention alert. The ones with the camera have active monitoring, the others have passive.
The active one is a real pain in the ass. It bonged me when I checked blind spot before changing lanes on my test drive! Removal of the active portion is an improvement in value and drivability in my opinion.

I've never bought a car before but seemingly this is common across all cars at the moment - features just get removed - usually because of parts shortages. I looked at an Ioniq 5 ultimate for example and things like the motorised door handles had just been taken out and also some sensors removed which affected some of the monitoring software. I presume the t&c's allow for this but they don't seem to make it very clear or amend promo material.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back