MG4 Trophy Passenger Door Stopped working

Paul V Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My MG4 Trophy passenger door handle stopped working, i.e you couldn’t open it when locked with the key in your pocket by pulling on the door handle. My dealer took 1 week to order a new one and and correctly paint match it, before refitting. All working fine now. Great service.

My MG4 Trophy passenger door handle stopped working, i.e you couldn’t open it when locked with the key in your pocket by pulling on the door handle. My dealer took 1 week to order a new one and and correctly paint match it, before refitting. All working fine now. Great service.
Mines the same. Asked them to look at it when it went in for its first service last week but because of the Easter bank holidays they are contacting me on Tuesday to book it in.

Why is it the passenger door that stops working and not the driver's door?

Just had a call from the service department. They are still waiting for a new door handle as it's on backorder.

I did have it booked in next Monday for it to be replaced and also for the software updates they ran out of time for when it was serviced the Thursday before Good Friday.

At least they have now renewed the MG Assist cover that they forgot to do.

Patience is a virtue especially when you have an MG EV :rolleyes:

Mines the same. Asked them to look at it when it went in for its first service last week but because of the Easter bank holidays they are contacting me on Tuesday to book it in.

Why is it the passenger door that stops working and not the driver's door?
My driver's door button went first. The day after that was sorted, the passenger one went.🤷

Just had a call from the service department. They are still waiting for a new door handle as it's on backorder.

I did have it booked in next Monday for it to be replaced and also for the software updates they ran out of time for when it was serviced the Thursday before Good Friday.

At least they have now renewed the MG Assist cover that they forgot to do.

Patience is a virtue especially when you have an MG EV :rolleyes:
My MG has been with them for about a week now

Front right indicator stopped working & passenger door mirror has to be replaced ( wasn’t opening/closing properly )

+ when it went it they told me the 12v battery has to be replaced

Spoke to them yesterday, still waiting on parts 😬 but lady I spoke to on phone said “hopefully” it’ll all be sorted next week ( I won’t hold my breath especially after reading about other MG4 drivers & their experiences

MG4 seems to be pretty popular in the U.K. so I’d of thought they would keep parts/replacements in stock? I could be wrong but it sounds like they ordering from overseas?

I still enjoy the car but 100% agree, going to need patience with MG if you plan on sticking with them for the long run.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back