BingBong

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, i should pickup my new MG4 trophy very soon (phase 1 unfortunately phase 2 is out of stock for now).

What should i need to check or ask from the dealer before i take my car? There are all the annoying software problems even on the latest infotainment and modules softwares?

Hi, i should pickup my new MG4 trophy very soon (phase 1 unfortunately phase 2 is out of stock for now).

What should i need to check or ask from the dealer before i take my car? There are all the annoying software problems even on the latest infotainment and modules softwares?
You say unfortunately but you should get 11kW charging with the phase 1.

I would get them to set up iSmart.
There is a checklist on the Forum somewhere. Try searching, if you haven't already done so.
The phase 2 was introduced about 6 months ago, so I hope you are getting a discount.

My advice is that you cancel the order!
I have had an MG4 Trophy since April this year and it has never been right since the day that we took possession. Paul Rigby, the Redditch based MG dealership are useless and MG UK aren’t much better.
It has had every software update available and I have been waiting since early November for it to go back to Longbridge to be further evaluated.
Customer service is totally lacking.
There are multiple problems with the infotainment system, radio, Apple CarPlay, error messages, scheduled charging etc etc. Just read about all the problems that other people are having.
Back in September I notified the dealer that I wished to return the car as they have been unable to sort it. This has fallen on deaf ears and has been totally ignored.
Good luck, if you go ahead with the purchase!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back