MG4 Trophy Temperature sensors and climate control problems

Steve58

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just taken delivery of a MG4 Trophy. Delighted with the way it drives and getting used to being an EV owner. However I'm struggling to get the auto climate control set properly. I noticed the MG iSMART app reports internal and external temperatures which I assume are used by the climate control. The internal one is always higher than a reference sensor I put in the car and sometimes doesn't respond at all. It has just reported an interior temperature of 87c when it actually 24c. Has anyone else had similar problems? Many thanks

Attachments

• D3DF91C7-314E-43CD-B883-0FD077D606A3.jpeg
    D3DF91C7-314E-43CD-B883-0FD077D606A3.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 0D2C8348-2A39-4434-BA83-A2750265B1AB.png
    0D2C8348-2A39-4434-BA83-A2750265B1AB.png
    433.4 KB · Views: 100
Anecdotally you need to set the target temperature in the AC 3-4°C higher than what you think for the heating to work properly. I set mine to 23°C and Auto fan and find it works fine.

If I get 87°C in the app I just scan the car again and it reverts to the correct temperature.

Anecdotally you need to set the target temperature in the AC 3-4°C higher than what you think for the heating to work properly. I set mine to 23°C and Auto fan and find it works fine.

If I get 87°C in the app I just scan the car again and it reverts to the correct temperature.
That's very helpful, many thanks

I have the same issue. I do not know if it is a faulty app function or an acutal sensor failure.
I guess the first, because if I rescan the car the temperature goes back to a plausible value.

But i also came to think that the phenomenom that I have to set the car temp 3-4 degerees higher might have to do with this whole topic.

I had my Trophy a month ago and the HVAC is about 5 degrees out. I had to set mine to 26 degrees this morning to get any heat and even that was weak. I would say the equivalent to 21 degrees in my old Mini. I dropped the car off on Friday for the dealer to look at it but they couldn't fix it. They've had to open a case with MG UK to resolve it. They are meant to be ringing me today about it.

I had my Trophy a month ago and the HVAC is about 5 degrees out. I had to set mine to 26 degrees this morning to get any heat and even that was weak. I would say the equivalent to 21 degrees in my old Mini. I dropped the car off on Friday for the dealer to look at it but they couldn't fix it. They've had to open a case with MG UK to resolve it. They are meant to be ringing me today about it.
Keep us updated please. This sounds interesting. Especially what you dealership responds.

I have the same issue. Need 26+ degrees to get heat. I’ve been waiting 6 months for a fix and still no news.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back