MG4 Trophy with light interior trim

I was considering this interior for mine, but decided against it since I always leave work with slightly dirty clothes.
I fear it would get dirty very fast.

I'd have thought the orange strip on the interior would have been colour coded to the cars paint colour, blue for the blue car etc.

Looks difficult to keep clean but a nice change from black all the same.
The main areas of contact have been made dark grey I suspect on purpose for that very reason. Should keep looking good for a while unless you've got muddy kids clambering in & out

I'd have thought the orange strip on the interior would have been colour coded to the cars paint colour, blue for the blue car etc.

Looks difficult to keep clean but a nice change from black all the same.
Nope its not colour coded to the car. there is only one light interior option and the small strip is orange whatever colour car you choose.

Nope its not colour coded to the car. there is only one light interior option and the small strip is orange whatever colour car you choose.
Apparently so, just in my head it would make more sense to have a colour coded strip rather than a random orange strip .. unless you opt for the Orange car, then it's colour coded somewhat.

Not that it makes any difference, especially in the UK as it's not even an option to have, unless you're one of the only 2, of course.

If anybody's tempted:

S59e1ef11cb8e4533b376fe792e7ebf86z.jpg

(so long as you don't mind 'SPROT' 😊)

Apparently so, just in my head it would make more sense to have a colour coded strip rather than a random orange strip .. unless you opt for the Orange car, then it's colour coded somewhat.

Not that it makes any difference, especially in the UK as it's not even an option to have, unless you're one of the only 2, of course.
Absolutly agree. Thats one of the reasons we ordered the Luxury (Trophy) orange car, that and it does look good with the black roof, as my wife could not live with the black interior so had to have the lighter 2 tone interior and her conversation with the saleman before we ordered went "¡Qué! Solo está en naranja, incluso en un auto azul, (salesman shrugs his shoulders) pero eso sería horrible".
"What! It's only in orange, even in a blue car, (salesman shrugs his shoulders) but that would be horrible". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You are right a blue strip on the seats would have really matched and looked even better. Will keep blog up to date with reference to keeping clean in case becomes an option in UK in the future
I feel that if it doesn't become a UK option, yours will attract a premium in years to come when its time to sell the car due to the rarity 💰

Well, since the seats only seem to have a one-year warranty, I decided that seat covers were a good idea anyway - for general protection from wear and tear, and ease of dealing with "incidents" (including cat-related incidents).

I absolutely agree that lighter seats lift the interior, and you can even get the covers made to look just like these ones! (If the maker had any sense he'd offer that option, except colour-coded to the car. I think I'd have gone for that, but I'm not crazy about the orange highlight in a blue car - sorry!)

Here are the ones I got. I didn't want orange in a blue car. I'd have liked light grey, but I think the beige is rather nice.

1689087745246.png

I would have gone for the ones above if they'd been available with a blue flash to go with the car bodywork, but they aren't.

Here are the ones I got. I didn't want orange in a blue car. I'd have liked light grey, but I think the beige is rather nice.

View attachment 18918

I would have gone for the ones above if they'd been available with a blue flash to go with the car bodywork, but they aren't.

Are these MG4-specific? Seem to fit well

Yeah the MG4 European brochure has this interior. The exterior colour is Brighton Blue on the continent. I'm just pleased it's not called the MG Mulan in the UK. Don't know if I'd have got a lease on it with that name. Same as BYD Dolphin, wouldn't fancy that - although it's probably an all-porpoise vehicle!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back