MG4 Undertray Poll

Does my MG4 have an undertray dip/bulge?

• Yes

Votes: 89 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 27.0%

• Total voters

colsky

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Simple poll (hopefully). As some dealers are saying that the undertray dip/bulge is the norm on MG4s and nothing to worry about, it would be nice to have some idea of how common it actually is.

Yes, although mine is probably one of the smallest examples of it.

Attachments

• 1669648029380.png
    1669648029380.png
    632.1 KB · Views: 392
Perhaps need to factor in somehow, given we don't know how many people look on collection....I know you are looking for a simple answer so just a thought

On collection
Post collection

In my case it was On Collection, and I noted it in the dealer's handover form. :)

But I think the poll in this simplest of forms is best as it should capture the core data of "How many cars actually have this issue?" ... something MG seem to be denying exists.

This is mine, noticed on collection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-28-15-10-43-56_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-28-15-10-43-56_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
It was just a thought that if you did not have it on collection it renders MG "its designed that way" mute. Perhaps a vote and then a simple answer would give some balance but agree let's keep it simple

In my case it was On Collection, and I noted it in the dealer's handover form. :)

But I think the poll in this simplest of forms is best as it should capture the core data of "How many cars actually have this issue?" ... something MG seem to be denying exists.
Agreed to keep it simple as a fact finder. I don't think they're denying it exists. They're saying its normal and its not as issue.

Agreed to keep it simple as a fact finder. I don't think they're denying it exists. They're saying its normal and its not as issue.
Elsewhere someone reported that MG told them (via a Twitter reply) that they weren't aware of this issue. 🤷‍♂️

Elsewhere someone reported that MG told them (via a Twitter reply) that they weren't aware of this issue. 🤷‍♂️
I think I'm getting confused (hasn't this week dragged!). I believe that (some of) the dealers are aware, so I assumed that MG would therefore be aware too.

Some extracts from the original thread to show confusion. Keep the poll simple🤬

I contacted MG about the dip in the undertray that others also seem to have (noticed in oil leak thread). They say it’s not normal and would be replaced if approached by dealers. (this is well before breather fix)

Had an update from MG (after a small chase) Apparently a communication has been sent out to dealers this morning, asking any cases to be reported so they can get an idea of numbers etc.

There has been no formal communication released to the dealership network regarding the MG4 undertray to date, please accept my apologies for any confusion from previous correspondence.

There will be a communication released to the dealership network in the future regarding this but we cannot put a time scale on when this will be published.
This is because MG will be testing a modified undertray from SAIC.

At this stage, there has been no guarantee from seniors at MG Motor UK that undertrays will be replaced with a modified one as we are still at premature stages.

I would recommend keeping in touch with your dealership who can provide you with a finalised update once a communication has been published to them.

Thank you again for your email and I wish you a pleasant weekend.

I’ve just come off the phone from my dealer who have assured me that all models they sent out have the same under-tray issue & it’s completely “normal” and the advice from MG is that the car is still fine to drive

A replacement under tray has been ordered, and ‘should’ be here next week?

Can you possibly share a screenshot of that email, my dealer said that MG told them the undertray is “by design”.

We've checked your undertray and the new MG4 we've received recently, they are the same so it's a characteristic of the vehicle.

Dealer called this morning. They’re refusing to do anything about mine because it’s “normal” and all the others are the same.

I dont have the air scoop panel really fits very well,

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums