Mg4 upgrades

Mitzie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just ordered a new m4 Trophy but u.k. Spec lists it as black interior. Such a shame as it is identified on the continent as having a two tone cream on black interior. Something I would have definitely configured if it was available here.

Just ordered a new m4 Trophy but u.k. Spec lists it as black interior. Such a shame as it is identified on the continent as having a two tone cream on black interior. Something I would have definitely configured if it was available here.
All UK cars have a black interior. We don't get the other option here.

You are correct, but obviously knowing it’s an optional extra in Europe, I hoped it would be here also As it very attractive in the photos.

You can buy very well-made car seat covers that look exactly like that spec from Aliexpress. I suppose in the flesh they won't be identical, but in the photos they look very good indeed. I have bought a different style, in a uniform beige, and they fit very well and look good, even though they're a high-grade vinyl-type material.

They say in the specifications that it's leather, but at the price I would frankly have fainted dead away if it had been leather. It's absolutely fine though.

It's not actually black, it's dark grey, and I quite like it too. I just looked at the one-year warranty on the seats and decided that a bit of protection was in order. And then the covers I chose also lighten it up.

Does anyone have a clue why MG decided to offer only the black interior for the UK market? Seems a strange decision?
Maybe mg China haven't been updated for a while on our current national demographic and with it being a so called budget EV think it'll be bought by only working class coal miners. Having only black will stop it looking dirty if we have to get in it in a hurry if there's bin trouble down pit!

You can buy very well-made car seat covers that look exactly like that spec from Aliexpress. I suppose in the flesh they won't be identical, but in the photos they look very good indeed. I have bought a different style, in a uniform beige, and they fit very well and look good, even though they're a high-grade vinyl-type material.
I find Aliexpress a confusing place. Would you mind posting a link to the covers you bought and to the others that you refer to. Thanks

It is confusing, you're right. The link to the ones I bought is this one.

However that will probably get you to a page which only has the single driver's seat price on it. If you click the pic showing the full set in the colour you want, you will get the full price display like this.

1689200948303.png

They have actually come down a bit, they were about £165 when I bought them. They are made to order and the seller will ask for details of the car and some pictures of the interior. I also got a cover for the front bolster in the pack. Maybe to compensate for not needing a central headrest cover!

I clicked a link below that picture to get this one. It seems to be a different supplier.

1689201162698.png
Try this link.

Last edited:
It is confusing, you're right. The link to the ones I bought is this one.

However that will probably get you to a page which only has the single driver's seat price on it. If you click the pic showing the full set in the colour you want, you will get the full price display like this.

View attachment 18964

They have actually come down a bit, they were about £165 when I bought them. They are made to order and the seller will ask for details of the car and some pictures of the interior. I also got a cover for the front bolster in the pack. Maybe to compensate for not needing a central headrest cover!

I clicked a link below that picture to get this one. It seems to be a different supplier.

View attachment 18965ry this link.

Thank very much for being so helpful. I had looked at these before and almost ordered but wasn’t sure about it as I was concerned they may not be a neat fit and/or, if they were a perfect fit that they would be very difficult to, er, fit. Can you comment on that. Also, I have ordered a boot liner from this site but not seen it it yet and can’t find a way to track it. It is made to order too, I think so may just be taking its time.

UPDATE: I found the track order function and apparently boot liner due to arrive 17 August.

Last edited:
Also, what is the breathability like compared to the fabric seats? With it being hot recently, are they more sticky than the fabric seats? Thanks for the info.

Really keen to see what these look like once fitted!

I ordered mine partly because another member, @nexia201, had ordered a red set and was very positive about them.

They are a neat fit, and require a bit of effort to get them on, but it's not impossible. I'm 69, female, and working on my own with a wrenched left shoulder, and I managed it. Well, the front ones anyway! Do it a bit at a time, and stop for a coffee! Also, get the front seat pieces the right way round so you don't have to take them off and swap them. (Yes, I made that mistake.)

The back ones are a different matter. I discovered that the three main pieces comprising the back seat had been made in a mirror image - that is, for a car with the back-seat split at the other side. I'm currently waiting for replacements to arrive. The seller was very apologetic. I seem to be the only person on the forum who has had this problem, and other people have fitted the back seat OK. I still don't quite know how that works, but I guess I'll find out when the parcel arrives.

I'm finding the breathability to be OK. The feel is not the same as the fabric seats, but it isn't bad. Once I'm actually driving I don't notice what I'm sitting on, there's no feeling of stickiness or anything like that.

Here's the front ones in situ.

1689241489975.png

Do you find that it gives the interior a lighter feel overall? I'm tempted with some as posted above, similar to the standard option in other regions

Yes, it definitely does that. That's one of the reasons I chose the beige.

They're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, they protect the existing seats, and if they wear out in five years I can buy a new set, possibly in a different colour to change the look.

Yes, it definitely does that. That's one of the reasons I chose the beige.

They're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, they protect the existing seats, and if they wear out in five years I can buy a new set, possibly in a different colour to change the look.
Another question, and thanks as always for your help. Did you have to pay import duty or VAT on arrival? I've not had to for other items I've had from aliexpress, but they were more like £10-20 than £160. Thanks.

No, I had no tax or anything like that. The pieces just showed up (Parcelforce I think) in a rather smart zipped bag with encouraging messages on it ("good to decorate your car!") without any fuss at all. Nobody else who has bought these has mentioned any import duty or VAT either.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back