MG4 V2L question

Rusty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi, looking on this forum and Youtube about V2L before buying a connector. Boiling a kettle and other appliances I get, but if you have a mains power cut at home and connect the car up to your fridge/ deep freeze etc will the car need to be in ready driving mode or like charging the main battery switched off and locked?

Hi, looking on this forum and Youtube about V2L before buying a connector. Boiling a kettle and other appliances I get, but if you have a mains power cut at home and connect the car up to your fridge/ deep freeze etc will the car need to be in ready driving mode or like charging the main battery switched off and locked?
No. Once you have set car to discharge you can turn car off and lock doors.

No. Once you have set car to discharge you can turn car off and lock doors.
Thats right once you've enabled it via the central display, it will run all day, without any noticeable effects (no fans, smells, heat, significant battery drain - even if the display says 0.3kwh*) - I have currently have no outside 13A mains where I need power tools - its just works with no trip outs.

* however for my MIG welder, I'm not going to try it 🙀

Thats right once you've enabled it via the central display, it will run all day, without any noticeable effects (no fans, smells, heat, significant battery drain - even if the display says 0.3kwh*) - I have currently have no outside 13A mains where I need power tools - its just works with no trip outs.

* however for my MIG welder, I'm not going to try it 🙀
Thank you for both your help. Happy with the car and a great forum.

Bought this 16A V2L adapter off Amazon and it seems to work reliably and of beefy construction:

mg4 v2l

It comes with a soft pouch and accepts European plugs too. At £50 it seemed a good purchase.
It fits nicely in the glovebox compartment.
IMG_1305.jpeg

Last edited:
Save yourself some money m8.....

Just under £25 on eBay.

I use mine most nights to charge up my Solar Battery bank. 👍

Also see here.....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Save yourself some money m8.....

Just under £25 on eBay.

I use mine most nights to charge up my Solar Battery bank. 👍

Also see here.....

The one you linked to is a 13A adapter.
The one I chose is 16A but either can do the job if your needs are met.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back