MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

Sleeper is what I'm aiming for via grey paint- caliper covers looked like they'd come off with a hex even?..........
Yep, they come off with a hex / alum key. Mine were very stiff so needed a good fit and a tap with a hammer !

This is what they will look like without cover and painted black :

Attachments

• No Cover.jpg
    No Cover.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Black Cover.jpg
    Black Cover.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 77
Yep, they come off with a hex / alum key. Mine were very stiff so needed a good fit and a tap with a hammer !

Nice job, but not for me. 🙂

Another reminder that this is an Orders and Delivery thread. Please try to get back on topic :)

I much prefer the look without the cover - I think I'll be taking mine off soon as the car arrives. I've owned a few 'flashy' cars that scream 'race me' and I'm a bit sick of it all now.

For those ordering through Tusker... my order still says 'Late November' and I ordered early October. So I assume there are plenty coming into the country - I've been in dialogue with the suppling dealer who claimed they had one in the colour I ordered in stock, but Tusker are so damn slow responding to emails, can take well over a week.

I want it sooner really, not because I'm inpatient, but because my other half isn't used to powerful cars and I'd like to her to get used to it before the weather turns.

Also strangely... the supplying dealer is a long way from where I live, not the end of the world I suppose. For those of you who got their cars from Tusker, was it delivered on the back of a truck, driven to you, or could you go collect it?

I don't think it's that hard to get used to powerful cars. I got my first boy racer, an XR2, just before Christmas. I was off up the M6 to Scotland the next day. Ducks don't like water any better than I liked the way that car handled.

I don't think it's that hard to get used to powerful cars. I got my first boy racer, an XR2, just before Christmas. I was off up the M6 to Scotland the next day. Ducks don't like water any better than I liked the way that car handled.
While I agree - she's not all that into cars, and hasn't had her license for any where near the length of time I have, nor has she ever done a track day, or even karting. So all the same I'd rather be cautious and she was the one who suggested trying to work at getting it sooner to get used to it.

We live pretty rural too so the roads are a bit crap.

Has anyone (in the UK) upgraded to an MG4 X-Power from an MG4 while half-way through a PCP deal? Just wondering how that might work.

FYI I've asked my dealer and still waiting on them to call me back.

Has anyone (in the UK) upgraded to an MG4 X-Power from an MG4 while half-way through a PCP deal? Just wondering how that might work.

FYI I've asked my dealer and still waiting on them to call me back.
Based on experience with other cars it depends how long you've had it, if you change PCP cars too early you might want to 'lube up' for the rodgering you'll get. 👀

While I agree - she's not all that into cars, and hasn't had her license for any where near the length of time I have, nor has she ever done a track day, or even karting. So all the same I'd rather be cautious and she was the one who suggested trying to work at getting it sooner to get used to it.

We live pretty rural too so the roads are a bit crap.

I think she'll be fine. I had all sorts of greybeard warnings and how I wasn't used to cars like that, and I was absolutely fine. It's the reduction in TETD that did it for me. The ability to decide to overtake and just do it is priceless.

Also strangely... the supplying dealer is a long way from where I live, not the end of the world I suppose. For those of you who got their cars from Tusker, was it delivered on the back of a truck, driven to you, or could you go collect it?
Cant comment on Tusker but mine is coming from a dealer approx 90 miles away through Lex. I asked the same question and was told it will depend on the situation nearer the time i.e. driven or not. I have offered to pay for delivery, but was told to wait. If it is driven to you, I was told mileage does not count affect your allowance.

Cant comment on Tusker but mine is coming from a dealer approx 90 miles away through Lex. I asked the same question and was told it will depend on the situation nearer the time i.e. driven. I have offered to pay for delivery, but was told to wait. If it is driven to you, I was told mileage does not count affect your allowance.
This is good to know RE: mileage. It’s more when I get a new car I like to drive it out the showroom/off the forecourt. I love that feeling.

This is good to know RE: mileage. It’s more when I get a new car I like to drive it out the showroom/off the forecourt. I love that feeling.
Agree, although current car is leased, it was all done through the supplying dealer, so I could collect it.

For those ordering through Tusker... my order still says 'Late November' and I ordered early October. So I assume there are plenty coming into the country - I've been in dialogue with the suppling dealer who claimed they had one in the colour I ordered in stock, but Tusker are so damn slow responding to emails, can take well over a week.
Been told by Tusker that Luscombe will delivery by transporter or trailer. Car will not be driven due to me being 250 miles away

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom