MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

So had been waiting for dealer to contact me to confirm car details after I first placed order on 3rd October...chased with Tusker who advised deler had already raised out....got an email today and they did send me the email on 10th Oct but missed the 'k' at the end of my co.uk email address.

They have confirmed they are still expecting the car in late January so hopefully time passes qucikly :)

Audi heavier and fairly low range (approx 185 max) I've driven over 29k miles and efficiency is a poor 2.7 and I'm mainly urban rather than m/ways. Build & comfort is good and it's pretty quick considering the weight with 308hp and AWD. Had an amazing deal with Tusker though and it's been £390 p/m for 9k annual miles. Going up to £451 for the Xpower.
Seems high for the XPower. Mine is over £120 a month cheaper on 10,000 miles a year over 24 months. Ordered around the same time too.

Seems high for the XPower. Mine is over £120 a month cheaper on 10,000 miles a year over 24 months. Ordered around the same time too.
You must be earning a lot more then! £451 p/m for 30mths x 10k miles for black pearl Tusker. It's £443 for a Trophy and £573 for the 77kWh with the same variables. Tusker prices have always been volatile.

Yep, they come off with a hex / alum key. Mine were very stiff so needed a good fit and a tap with a hammer !

This is what they will look like without cover and painted black :
Hi I‘ve had mine removed by the dealership as I’m not 20 any more unfortunately, I am looking to get them wrapped in carbon fibre, my question is do you have to take the wheels off to refit them or can it be done with them still on? Cheers

All lease company prices go up and down due to the manufacturer, if say x lease company working for x salary sacrifice scheme get 10 orders for a MG4 X Power they can negotiate a better price so they seem cheaper and maybe even 1 customer changes their mind then it goes up as a Stock / coming soon vehicle at a cheaper price. I saw this recently with a SE Standard range in Camden Grey on Tusker was £20 a month cheaper than my White SE Standard range.

Rob

Hi I‘ve had mine removed by the dealership as I’m not 20 any more unfortunately, I am looking to get them wrapped in carbon fibre, my question is do you have to take the wheels off to refit them or can it be done with them still on? Cheers
Don't understand the problem with the Orange calipers, either taking them of altogether or painting them. Personally think they look great. I always paint my calipers on my cars, to smarten them up a bit, because in general they are ugly/rusty looking things. Those covers would save me doing it, result! But as they say everybody to there own. 🙂👍

Don't understand the problem with the Orange calipers, either taking them of altogether or painting them. Personally think they look great. I always paint my calipers on my cars, to smarten them up a bit, because in general they are ugly/rusty looking things. Those covers would save me doing it, result! But as they say everybody to there own. 🙂👍
I bet you like peanut butter too

I had the dealer remove mine too.
They're on a box in the loft, so I can put them on if I ever resell.
I'll wait for Aliexpress to create aftermarket ones with different colours (black/ grey)

Yes you need to take the wheels off again to refit. Make sure they give you the screws and rubber grommets for each cover.

I like the sound of the carbon fibre wrap but would be careful about high temperatures. I used high temp. caliper paint and lacquer.

Won’t the heat peel the fake carbon wrap?

I reckon just leaving them off will look better than a wrap job. Certainly look classier.

Last edited:
Luscombe's comms continue to be vague - which I get, but surely it's not the first MG they've ever sold, they should be able to work out when it'll arrive.
Mines is also via Tuskers/Luscombe's.
Only had one email from them (away back at time of order - 15/09) but they do reply quickly when I have emailed them. It's usually Dana, who is the fleet sales administrator, who replies. Mines is still showing (on Tuskers site) as released from the factory, with an early January delivery estimate. Had a private message from Sam Luscombe (of the back of a message I put on the X Power Facebook page) saying he was expecting stock around the 20th November. This ties in with the last message from Dana saying there was a good chance of delivery early December. Let me know if you want Dana's email address.

Mines is also via Tuskers/Luscombe's.
Only had one email from them (away back at time of order - 15/09) but they do reply quickly when I have emailed them. It's usually Dana, who is the fleet sales administrator, who replies. Mines is still showing (on Tuskers site) as released from the factory, with an early January delivery estimate. Had a private message from Sam Luscombe (of the back of a message I put on the X Power Facebook page) saying he was expecting stock around the 20th November. This ties in with the last message from Dana saying there was a good chance of delivery early December. Let me know if you want Dana's email address.
Yeah I’ve been talking to Dana. Speed of reply has improved.

“Late November” is still the date they’re quoting, apparently according to Dana the car is in the country and waiting transport.

Be interested to know thoughts comparing the MG and Audi...
I don't miss my Audi etron at all.
Unless you include the build quality, Space,
One button OFF for LKA,
Wafting about on the air suspension, Electric boot,
Beautifully appointed interior,
Frunk,
Rear light bar (I loved that at night)

Would I have another?
Nope.
I know the range (which was my biggest gripe) is much improved now, but with us both being retired, I couldn't bloody afford one now anyway! 🤣

I adore my XPower.
Does everything I want and need in a car and nothing compares for the price IMO.

to quote the fast show

My order was via Arval / salary sacrifice through work and was originally quoted as April 24 when I ordered early September. This progressed to expected delivery December 17 2023. Just logged on to the portal to see a message " Your new vehicle has arrived at the dealership and is being prepared for delivery. The dealer will be in touch shortly to agree a suitable delivery date"

which was nice....

[edited by admin to remove link to Google search. You can use the GIF tool when composing to put memes in your posts]
Which was nice

Last edited by a moderator:
to quote the fast show

My order was via Arval / salary sacrifice through work and was originally quoted as April 24 when I ordered early September. This progressed to expected delivery December 17 2023. Just logged on to the portal to see a message " Your new vehicle has arrived at the dealership and is being prepared for delivery. The dealer will be in touch shortly to agree a suitable delivery date"

which was nice....

[edited by admin to remove link to Google search. You can use the GIF tool when composing to put memes in your posts]
Which was nice
Yeah mine has literally just updated with all that info too. Reg and VIN etc.

21st November it now looks like. Leeds prefix on the plate too, makes sense.

Nice relief as I've been refreshing two pages constantly, the portal for my cars through work, and the finance page for my old car on PCP since I sold that back to the dealer end of last week. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom