MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

The Tusker portal has just been updated with the new registration number and VIN - it has a registration date of 4th December.....is this the earliest I can get delivery?

LeasePlan have done their checks and the car is on the transporter to be shipped, should be delivered to me on Friday

Attachments

• on trailer.png
    on trailer.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
So the good news, car was delivered today, a day early.
On the upside the supplying dealer put in a type 2 CCS cable as well as the granny charger

Did all the checks suggested by all the forums and YouTube videos. Delivery guy said I was the first person to ever check under the bonnet, but wanted to check the sound proofing panel was there (it was) and the 12v battery connections were tight (they were)

Went to check the windows and the passenger front did not work from either the drivers switch or the passenger door switch. Car also threw a couple of rear sensor errors on first starting up but didn't have time to see if these repeated themselves.

Delivery guy calls the supplying dealer and they suggest going to a local dealer for a warranty fix. I called LeasePlan and they say I have reject the car until it is fixed. That means an 800 mile round trip back to the dealer on the low loader for what is probably a 30 min fix.

Really annoying the windows were not checked prior to the 400 mile trip to me and also that LeasePlan would not allow me to source the car from a local dealer.

So I expect at least another week before I get to check the car again

On the upside the supplying dealer put in a type 2 CCS cable as well as the granny charger

Did all the checks suggested by all the forums and YouTube videos. Delivery guy said I was the first person to ever check under the bonnet, but wanted to check the sound proofing panel was there (it was) and the 12v battery connections were tight (they were)

Went to check the windows and the passenger front did not work from either the drivers switch or the passenger door switch. Car also threw a couple of rear sensor errors on first starting up but didn't have time to see if these repeated themselves.

Delivery guy calls the supplying dealer and they suggest going to a local dealer for a warranty fix. I called LeasePlan and they say I have reject the car until it is fixed. That means an 800 mile round trip back to the dealer on the low loader for what is probably a 30 min fix.

Really annoying the windows were not checked prior to the 400 mile trip to me and also that LeasePlan would not allow me to source the car from a local dealer.

What a massive PITA for you.
Hope it gets sorted ASAP.

Deleting this - wasn't really helpful.

Now collecting tomorrow afternoon.
Sometimes its jsut good to rant and get it off your chest :)

Ah man thats a nightmare! Really hope they get it sorted ASAP for you

For my update, after a couple of nudges with the dealer, Tusker and payroll, my car is being delivered on Tuesday 28th November!

Its coming form Stoneacre's compound in Newcastle so not far for it to travel really...but they cant provide a time....so gonna chance it and take the day off and the next day (as wife's birthday anyway) to drive if I have no issues.

Yep I went into MG Leicester and they had a grey Xpower on show (the colour I wanted) test drove the managers car, placed the order traded in my 5 exclusive and collected it 4 days later with the calibre covers remove, great car but the infotainment system is a bit hit and miss, and I have to agree with a quote in a recent YT video where he says it’s like at Christmas when your mates get a Sony or Bose stereo system and your Mum and Dad get you a Matsui 😂, it works but is not great. I hope future updates will help

One of the first things I upgraded on my XPower was to replace all the cheap stock speakers in the car which has made my car more like a Bose / Sony and less like a Matsui system 😊
Oh and also improved all the sound insulation in the doors which has hugely helped improve the sound quality.
Just wish the DAB radio could be sorted 🤔 along with a few other niggles with the software.
However, one press of that acceleration pedal and all those annoying faults are somewhat forgot about 😁

One of the first things I upgraded on my XPower was to replace all the cheap stock speakers in the car which has made my car more like a Bose / Sony and less like a Matsui system 😊
Oh and also improved all the sound insulation in the doors which has hugely helped improve the sound quality.
Just wish the DAB radio could be sorted 🤔 along with a few other niggles with the software.
However, one press of that acceleration pedal and all those annoying faults are somewhat forgot about 😁

Which speakers did you go for?

I’ve not been offered a delivery date yet. Luscombe back to not replying to emails.

Annoying!
Was advised by Dana that mines is due to arrive in Portbury on the 3rd December. Checked and that is the Azul Ace vessel. Not sure how quickly after that Luscombe's will receive it at the dealership, my expected delivery on Tuskers had been updated from mid January to early December.
Fingers crossed🤞
I have always had to email Luscombe/Dana, but always had a reply within 24/48hrs. Sam Luscombe is active on the X Power Facebook group if you want to message him directly, very knowledgeable on the whole which ship is it on lottery 😂😂

So jealous of both :D - mine is still showing on the Tusker's portal as Awaiting a Build Slot since I ordered on 3rd October.

How long did it wait for you guys before it started progressing?

Stoneacre did say last week that its still on track for them to receive in late January.
Ordered on 15th September, arriving at Portbury 3rd December. Was originally quoted 30weeks, so not bad really.

Finally joined #teamblack today. Good delivery & collection via Stoneacre. The guy had driven from Chesterfield to me near Brighton. Easy handover and then played with buttons/settings for a while before collecting daughter from school. Had a little burst of power in Normal. Yep goes well.

Update launch control is fun but wow. Don't try it on a full stomach!
Software R40 - can't remember if this is the latest for the XPOWER but all seems good.
Realised this morning that the dealership put incorrect number plate on (has FL instead of FP at start) - I didn't spot this, but turns out the incorrect plate is registered to a grey Mini, so I'm gonna have to wait a few days for a new set of plates to be sent out to me.

Last edited:
Latest update from supplying dealer non working window fixed by removing door card and putting it back on again, think I will be asking for a more technical response to the fault than that as I need to know if it is something that will happen again.

New delivery date set for 6th December

UPDATE:
This is the technical report on the fault, essentially we jiggled all the bits about and it works fine now

The technician successfully removed the door card and conducted a thorough inspection of the inner mechanisms of the door. This involved ensuring proper alignment of the window within the runners and identifying any potential damage or defects within the internal components. Additionally, the technician meticulously examined and cleaned all connections in the door, in order to detect any potential damage or defects.

I am pleased to report that no damage or defects were discovered during these inspections. However, it is worth mentioning that the window is now functioning as intended. The technician suspects that there may have been a loose component that was not visually noticeable.

Last edited:
How incredibly sad is it that number plates with the wrong number are being fitted and deliveries are being delayed because someone is simply ticking boxes on the PDI instead of actually doing the job of checking.
This isn't exclusive to MG, not by a long chalk, just sad that easily avoidable mistakes are being overlooked due to incompetence.

I'm holding out until they offer a light coloured interior and a panoramic roof, not that much of a stretch when you consider both already exist.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom