MG4 X-Power waiting area

Brettus

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I can’t be the only one waiting for this. I thought it might be useful to have a dedicated thread for news and discussion now it has an official UK name at least. I’ll try and collate the salient points from the various threads later in the day.

I’m torn between wanting a unique colour for it in the UK and wanting it to be more sleeper like and understated in a regular colour 😊

I can’t be the only one waiting for this. I thought it might be useful to have a dedicated thread for news and discussion now it has an official UK name at least. I’ll try and collate the salient points from the various threads later in the day.

I’m torn between wanting a unique colour for it in the UK and wanting it to be more sleeper like and understated in a regular colour 😊
Would you like silver (which EU gets) or green (China)?

I think there's a lot to be said for a car like that looking unobtrusively similar to the equivalent tame model.

When I got my XR2 I got sick and tired of cops pulling me over, apparently on suspicion of driving a boy racer, no more than that. When I switched to my Peugeot 306 GTi6, which was significantly faster than the XR2 but looked exactly like the base model 306, all that stopped. Ditto with the Golf GTi, which again didn't look all that different from the basic Golf unless you have a keen eye for red stripes.

Are there any published reviews and detailed pic/spec of the car yet?

Are there any published reviews and detailed pic/spec of the car yet?
Nothing official yet just expected specs.
Twin motors for 440bhp
Uprated brakes
Fancier upholstery
I’m hoping it’ll have some of the improvements recently posted like rear wiper and one pedal driving.

There’s a slim chance of 77kwh battery as that’s confirmed for some AU models.
Supposed to be showing off a version of it (might just be the platform) at goodwood apparently. Hopefully something more official from then 🤞

In China they have the glass roof on the all models so not sure if thats just a general change or a China option only
Yeah, I’m not expecting anything too fancy for the UK given the pretty modest price bump. £38k is the latest figure I’d heard.

Yeah, I’m not expecting anything too fancy for the UK given the pretty modest price bump. £38k is the latest figure I’d heard.

Most of the recent videos cropping up showing the Xpower version being driven make it look like its getting the bare minimum in terms of sporting interior upgrade, certainly compared to the more outlandish interior early concepts hinted at. Basically same as standard but the seats get dark Alcantera centers/red stitch, no other additional flourishes, although on one video showing a disguised EU version it had a black xpower sticker on the gear selector

1686293030837.png

1686293101804.png

And then the already seen wheels/orange calipers on the exterior seem to be the only styling tweak, perhaps different inserts in the black plastic.

I’ve watched one of the reviews, Matt green is only available for the performance version, and it also has a rear wipe and electric tailgate.
But it still uses 64kw battery with WTLP range of only 385km(240miles), although all testers were very impressed with its handling and road holding, the only weakness was choice of tyres were more for low rolling resistance for economy than for performance.

Last edited:
I’ve watched one of the reviews, Matt green is only available for the performance version, and it also has a rear wipe and electric tailgate.
I like the electric tailgate, the boot of the trophy is unfeasibly heavy compared to most cars I've driven, not sure if it's the same for SE but imagine it is.

I like the electric tailgate, the boot of the trophy is unfeasibly heavy compared to most cars I've driven, not sure if it's the same for SE but imagine it is.
I have a SE, now you mention it, yes it does feel quite heavy to lift the tailgate, maybe the struts should be stronger?

I have a SE, now you mention it, yes it does feel quite heavy to lift the tailgate, maybe the struts should be stronger?

That would probably solve it, I've seen a tailgate mod done on YT and it looks 10 times better. Might invest in it one day if it's not too difficult to DIY.

I saw that on YouTube too, but it looked really difficult. Something I'd get a garage to do. (I agree, the boot is heavy - or maybe it's just that it's not balanced well.)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom