MG4 X-Power waiting area

Out of interest is the top speed restricted to around 100mph?
That’s going to get tiresome when it will get there quickly.

Out of interest is the top speed restricted to around 100mph?
That’s going to get tiresome when it will get there quickly.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:EV are quick, Not fast,
Quick from standstill,
Not fast as in top speed.

There seems to be lots of conversations on the MG4 being fast / quick, now as long as people can continue not to be able to distinguish between these then the conversations will remain interesting .
Which. do you want.
To have both will need far better capacity batteries to take an EV out onto a test track for a few hours.
Oh and before anyone mentions the Porsche - it only has claimed WLTP of 300 miles and I am still trying to work out how many times Top Gear had to recharge the one they had on to complete the filming ;)

I have been considering the xPower but I have found out that it will be come with the 64kw battery with dealer saying range of 250 miles, not saying if it's WLTP or real ? if it is WLTP that's my dealbreaker as it would be very short lived fun .

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:EV are quick, Not fast,
Quick from standstill,
Not fast as in top speed.

There seems to be lots of conversations on the MG4 being fast / quick, now as long as people can continue not to be able to distinguish between these then the conversations will remain interesting .
Which. do you want.
To have both will need far better capacity batteries to take an EV out onto a test track for a few hours.
Oh and before anyone mentions the Porsche - it only has claimed WLTP of 300 miles and I am still trying to work out how many times Top Gear had to recharge the one they had on to complete the filming ;)

I have been considering the xPower but I have found out that it will be come with the 64kw battery with dealer saying range of 250 miles, not saying if it's WLTP or real ? if it is WLTP that's my dealbreaker as it would be very short lived fun .

They can be both, Tesla manage fast acceleration and decent top speed.
Save the multiple laugh emojis, that’s weird.

Can't see any mention of top speed on the Chinese MG site just the 3.8 sec 0-62 and 460 km range instead of the 520 km range (Chinese testing) single motor, both with 64 kWh battery.

Only other difference I saw was 235/45 R18 Bridgestones

Can't see any mention of top speed on the Chinese MG site just the 3.8 sec 0-62 and 460 km range instead of the 520 km range (Chinese testing) single motor, both with 64 kWh battery.

Only other difference I saw was 235/45 R18 Bridgestones
Watched some of the HK reviews which supposed to cost around $367000HK, equivalent to under £37000, it has rear wash wipe, electric tailgate, half leather with alcantara, no pano roof(unless it’s optional?), no camera recognition on top of the steering column, Matt green paint only on performance version.
Testers were quite impressed with its track performance and handling, no brake fade after half hour on track, and one tester commented after 30mins hard driving on the track, top speed only reduced by around 15kph, so battery overheating was minimal.
The only real complaint was tyres not suited to the performance of the MG4.

Edit: the big red brake callipers are fake, they are only a cover, more for show?

Last edited:
They can be both, Tesla manage fast acceleration and decent top speed.
Save the multiple laugh emojis, that’s weird.
Tesla is put into the supercar category and within that category the top speed is slow, its quick to get to its top speed, but many Vidoes of supercars pass it. Decent top speed is a personal perception.

If you dont like the multiple emojis pass over the comment and dont respond, your likes on how people respond is your personal opinion, my response = Keep these opinions to yourself.

Well, y'know, these silly strings of smilies do stop people reading posts. I think Bowfer was doing you a favour telling you this. But carry on if you don't mind people being put off reading what you type.

Tesla is put into the supercar category and within that category the top speed is slow, its quick to get to its top speed, but many Vidoes of supercars pass it. Decent top speed is a personal perception.

None of this changes my point that if the car tops out at 101mph, like the standard car and my current car does, owners are going to get very frustrated.
I experience the frustration most days, the car getting to its top speed quite quickly and then just ‘bang’….no more….
Getting there even faster would be maddening.
A track mode would make sense.

I spotted this on a German forum. It seems to suggest 124mph top speed for the AWD.

1687175631791.png

我来自上海,上周我得到了我的 MG4 (MULAN) 的 AWD 版本。价格令人难以置信,我可以分享一些东西。1.刹车卡钳和后驱版一样,橙色的只是装饰。2.电池还是64千瓦时的版本。3、与RWD版内饰不同的是,前排座椅为一体式运动座椅,坐姿更低,方向盘、座椅、前门均采用alcantara。3、默认带全景天窗。4.有后雨刷和内把手。5、加速测试中,90%电量时0-100kmh时间为3.8秒,20%电量时为5秒左右。根据车内能量流显示,默认为后置电机驱动正常模式,和 AWD 驱动器快速加速。在运动模式下,前后电机均有输出。

Translation of Chikyu post:

I'm from Shanghai and I got the AWD version of my MG4 (MULAN) last week. The prices are unbelievable and there are a few things I can share. 1. The brake calipers are the same as the rear drive version, the orange ones are just decoration. 2. The battery is still a 64 kWh version. 3. The difference from the interior of the RWD version is that the front seats are integrated sports seats, the sitting posture is lower, and the steering wheel, seats, and front doors are all made of alcantara. 3. It has a panoramic sunroof by default. 4. With rear wiper and inner handle. 5. In the acceleration test, the 0-100kmh time is 3.8 seconds when the battery is 90%, and it is about 5 seconds when the battery is 20%. According to the energy flow in the car, the default is the normal mode of the rear motor drive, and the rapid acceleration of the AWD drive. In sport mode, both the front and rear motors have output.

我来自上海,上周我得到了我的 MG4 (MULAN) 的 AWD 版本。价格令人难以置信,我可以分享一些东西。1.刹车卡钳和后驱版一样,橙色的只是装饰。2.电池还是64千瓦时的版本。3、与RWD版内饰不同的是,前排座椅为一体式运动座椅,坐姿更低,方向盘、座椅、前门均采用alcantara。3、默认带全景天窗。4.有后雨刷和内把手。5、加速测试中,90%电量时0-100kmh时间为3.8秒,20%电量时为5秒左右。根据车内能量流显示,默认为后置电机驱动正常模式,和 AWD 驱动器快速加速。在运动模式下,前后电机均有输出。
I've translated it to English to help others 😁 edit Ian beat me by 10 seconds 😅

"I'm from Shanghai and I got the AWD version of my MG4 (MULAN) last week. The prices are unbelievable and there are a few things I can share. 1. The brake calipers are the same as the rear drive version, the orange ones are just decoration. 2. The battery is still a 64 kWh version. 3. The difference from the interior of the RWD version is that the front seats are integrated sports seats, the sitting posture is lower, and the steering wheel, seats, and front doors are all made of alcantara. 3. It has a panoramic sunroof by default. 4. With rear wiper and inner handle. 5. In the acceleration test, the 0-100kmh time is 3.8 seconds when the battery is 90%, and it is about 5 seconds when the battery is 20%. According to the energy flow in the car, the default is the normal mode of the rear motor drive, and the rapid acceleration of the AWD drive. In sport mode, both front and rear motors have output"

My car will be produced in January 2023. The version and configuration are different from the Hong Kong test on YouTube. It may belong to an early version, without electric tailgate and side blind spot monitoring. The tires are 235/45 R18 Bridgestone T005EV. At the current temperature in Shanghai of 25-30, keep the air-conditioning auto mode at 27.C, and the average speed at 40km/h, it can be expected to travel about 400km from 100%-10%.

Does anyone know if the XPower comes with a heat pump fitted, sorry if I've missed this!

None of this changes my point that if the car tops out at 101mph, like the standard car and my current car does, owners are going to get very frustrated.
I experience the frustration most days, the car getting to its top speed quite quickly and then just ‘bang’….no more….
Getting there even faster would be maddening.
A track mode would make sense.
Why would 101 top speed be frustrating? I don't get it, I've had many cars with 155 top speed but that top speed was meaningless as I never took them to the track and I value my licence.

"I experience the frustration most days" - You are at a private track or German autobahn most days?

Why would 101 top speed be frustrating? I don't get it, I've had many cars with 155 top speed but that top speed was meaningless as I never took them to the track and I value my licence.

"I experience the frustration most days" - You are at a private track or German autobahn most

I absolutely guarantee any buyer of an X-power will get frustrated with rocketing up to a relatively low top speed.
You “not getting it” is irrelevant.
Which is why I also asked if it would have a track button allowing a higher speed, otherwise anyone using one on track is going to be a mobile chicane.

Yes I drive on a private test track every day, that’s that dealt with (dusts hands emoji)

I absolutely guarantee any buyer of an X-power will get frustrated with rocketing up to a relatively low top speed.

Great to get the benefit of a guarantee from such an authoritative source :ROFLMAO:

Yes I drive on a private test track every day, that’s that dealt with (dusts hands emoji)

No one here doubts this. Thanks for sharing (y) (seems a shame that you bought a car with a low top speed for the track and act as a mobile chicane though....)

Great to get the benefit of a guarantee from such an authoritative source :ROFLMAO:

No one here doubts this. Thanks for sharing (y)

Do you think X-power drivers are only going to care about accelerating to 70mph?
Reminding each other in nasal voices that “it’s the legal limit and why would you want more?”
What colour are the clouds in your world?
I’m not condoning speeding, I have a private test track to do mine, but let’s be realistic here….

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom