MG4 X-Power waiting area

Here’s one French registered yellow EX30 I spotted in Manchester City centre last week.

Attachments

• IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 165
Wish MG had fitted performance tyres to the XPower, stupid to hobble the car against the competition.
They do very well, or at least well enough in this track test (track time is impressive even compared to petrol hot hatches):

A mightily impressive car in my opinion and from my experience. I had 0.9g acceleration yesterday with little effort! As measured in track mode!

Well the sticker turned up 🤓
IMG_4763.jpeg
Size is perfect for what I wanted. Legible enough from a distance but not TOO obvious. I wouldn’t want to be conspicuous of course 🤣

And the mats (I went with officialcarmats.co.uk and their super luxury option) feel nice and plush. Will see how they wear.
IMG_4766.jpeg

Oh, and amazons best boy racer tat option for the inside of the door frame (hey at least it’s hidden when the doors are closed 🤓)
IMG_4768.jpeg

The xpower is a replacement for my ice car that I use for work so I do a fair bit of motorway driving.

The Wakefield car, they called me the next day and said the wheel balance was fine but admitted the vibration was still there.

Like you say look out for it and feedback as I'd like to see if this is every one. 3 out of 3 have the vibration so far.
Just picked up an EV 4 Xpower and I have a noticeable vibration at speeds above 70mph. It's very frustrating and shouldn't be there.

Here you go.

So, those who have already got or about to recieve their xpower.
Have you upgraded from a trophy, and is it worth it.

Did you get a good deal on the part ex, if you dont mind me asking.

I have noticed MG are doing a 4.9% pcp deal at the mo (mine is at 7.9%).
I'm thinking this may be a way of justifying the change from my trophy.

or is it better to try the affinity route( however my dealer did say originally that the affinity deals attract a larger pcp rate.

thanks

Surely there will be significant demand for the suspension manufacturers to soon be offering ways to improve handling further.
H&R shouldn't be long with lowering springs, they usually aren't, already got springs out for the "normal" MG 4. 🙂👍

Just picked up an EV 4 Xpower and I have a noticeable vibration at speeds above 70mph. It's very frustrating and shouldn't be there.
There’s also now a Poll ... get voting if you haven't already 👍😁

Last edited:
Just got round to reading the top gear review, great in a straight line not to great in the corners, a bit dull to drive and definitely not a hot hatch.

Mixed bag of a review
Yet went 2 seconds quicker around their track, than a BMW M2.
Difference being the same good driver behind the wheel.
That knows how to drive cars quickly.

Yet went 2 seconds quicker around their track, than a BMW M2.
Difference being the same good driver behind the wheel.
That knows how to drive cars quickly.
Exactly, most of the reviews of the,
X Power are by ordinary blokes, ordinary drivers like me and thee and most people for that matter. Get a proper driver behind the wheel and it proves how good the X Power really is. 🙂👍

Exactly, most of the reviews of the,
X Power are by ordinary blokes, ordinary drivers like me and thee and most people for that matter. Get a proper driver behind the wheel and it proves how good the X Power really is. 🙂👍
Yep exactly and most of the ordinary drivers (me included) won't be chucking it around a corner at stupid speed. I've done 550 miles and still getting used to it, but not gonna risk anything just so I can try and show off to some chavs on the road. I think after 33 years of driving I know my limits and finding out the safe limits of the car. Mine is a salary sacrifice lease so I'll never be racing someone round a track or a drag strip, if you own one, then go for it and enjoy.

I can't say from what I've seen that I thought the interior of the Volvo looked that special, obviously quality software, screen, stereo, seats etc look good.
The dash material looked like it was trying too hard and the 4 has more space.

Fully charged show raved about the quality of the #1 interior but I'm not a fan of the exterior looks.

X power is probably the best compromise if you won't a car with that straight line speed, fast, stops, not the best quality but best price.

I still think I'd prefer the extended version, best overall package in my opinion

Can I ask why you think the extended range is the best overall package ? What factors are you looking at ? (considering this thread is about the XPower).

The factors I took into consideration when choosing the Xpower were :

• AWD and good traction
  • Fantastic performance up there with BMW M2 / Audi RS3 / Merc A45 AMG
  • 18” Alloy Wheels and firmer suspension
  • Torque Vectoring on rear axle
  • value for money

The rest of the car is pretty similar to the Extended Range so the only advantage for me for the extended range as I see it is its range ….. but the disadvantage is it costs the same as the XPower but has none of the factors I listed above so if we were playing top trumps I think the Xpower would win on nearly everything apart from range 😁😁 … and hence in my eyes is the best overall package 😉😉👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom