MG4 X-Power waiting area

There are some out there, one was mentioned by a member the other day
Pinkstones in stoke have one, but their view is that they’ll likely put it straight up for sale rather than their initial plan to have it as a demo.

Their view is the 23 trophy long range would be good enough to demo most trophy features.

Pinkstones in stoke have one, but their view is that they’ll likely put it straight up for sale rather than their initial plan to have it as a demo.

Their view is the 23 trophy long range would be good enough to demo most trophy features.
Yeah you can’t really “demo” a longer battery and the performance isn’t indicative to trophy buyers. ER buyers can figure out it’s this (trophy) but faster and goes further though I guess.

Was looking at the finance differences between the X Power and the Trophy.

You can but a Trophy brand new for just over £30k (Affinity scheme) the trophy has a guarenteed future value of £16222.so losing £14k over four years.

The X Power is £36500 and it's gfv after 4 years is only £17382, only £1000 more than a Trophy, that's a £19k loss over four years, that's a massive hit.
Also explains why with an £8k deposit the monthlies are still so high.

Should make for decent used deals with MG predicting that, just shows that the Trophy is the better deal financially.

Yeah I was expecting the finance stuff to boil down to high depreciation (effectively what you’re funding with a finance deal like that) means higher rates.
I’m (rightly or wrongly) looking to own it so I’m looking at finance figures now but I’m hoping to own for 5-6 years maybe more so while it’ll lose value quick to begin with it should tail off.

As you say though, if they’ve kicked that amount of depreciation out of it, by the time the deals are done then it could be absolutely bargainous for second owners.

135kw charging? I thought it was 150.

Really liked the review though, much more balanced than a drag race. (Nice to see the comparisons though!) it’s excessive by every measure (except price) it’s not the greatest thing on 4 wheels but it is very affordable and (I think) disruptive.

Also good to hear someone pointing out the covers not calling them painted callipers. No sense deceiving potential buyers (no harm in deceiving admiring glances though 😉)

One thing that the two dealers I had my test drive with mentioned was the warranty and the number of “launches”.

To my mind, this speaks to the likes of model S plaid with it’s complicated setup to get it to launch rather than a simple left foot break, accelerator depressed launch associated with the xpower.

If anything, all the launch mode appears to do on the xpower is engage AWD from a standing start (the slight clunk as it engages may be related).

I’m guessing on all this, but because there’s no special battery cooling going on, I’m assuming an xpower owner won’t be limited to a set number of launches.

One thing that the two dealers I had my test drive with mentioned was the warranty and the number of “launches”.

To my mind, this speaks to the likes of model S plaid with it’s complicated setup to get it to launch rather than a simple left foot break, accelerator depressed launch associated with the xpower.

If anything, all the launch mode appears to do on the xpower is engage AWD from a standing start (the slight clunk as it engages may be related).

I’m guessing on all this, but because there’s no special battery cooling going on, I’m assuming an xpower owner won’t be limited to a set number of launches.
I should point out that neither dealer (nor the technicians I spoke to) were aware of any restrictions on launches.

When you use the launch control, it builds the motor power to around 65% (as shown on the driver's display) whilst holding the car solidly on the brakes. If you don't release the brake within around 5 seconds, then the motors release their power and the gauge drops back to zero.

When you use the launch control, it builds the motor power to around 65% (as shown on the driver's display) whilst holding the car solidly on the brakes. If you don't release the brake within around 5 seconds, then the motors release their power and the gauge drops back to zero.
That’s good to know. I was so focused on keeping a straight line and making sure things around me weren’t gonna cause a problem that I didn’t even notice the power build up in the display.

So there’s nothing there that implies it’s bad for the car?

Presumably the tension between brakes and power probably isn’t great for the mechanical elements but the battery discharge wouldn’t be hugely different to booting it from a standstill.

Edit: corrected typos

Presumably the tension between brakes and power probably isn’t great for the mechanical elements but the battery discharge wouldn’t be hugely different to booting it from a standstill.
There will be a steady loading in the components of the drivetrains so I doubt it would do much harm, not like the shock load when dumping the clutch on an ICE for example ... as my 19yr old self found out with a mk1 Fiesta 😬
The motors will be heating up rapidly though which would explain the 5 sec timeout.

I would imagine the battery will be the only component with somewhat accelerated ageing compared with the single motor cars, 5c is a large pull.
Will only be for a few seconds though, unless you really like having a long driving ban / prison time .

I imagine the new owners of the X power will only use launch control as a novelty item , to show off to friends etc. The car has enough oomph for everyday traffic light antics , provided you have a clear enough road ahead, if not the plastic brake covers might start to melt. In reality the main benefit will be for overtaking and nipping back in . Why did you vote for brexit if you always wanted to be French?

I imagine the new owners of the X power will only use launch control as a novelty item , to show off to friends etc. The car has enough oomph for everyday traffic light antics , provided you have a clear enough road ahead, if not the plastic brake covers might start to melt. In reality the main benefit will be for overtaking and nipping back in . Why did you vote for brexit if you always wanted to be French?

I didn’t vote for Brexit, and through personal experience, I certainly do not want to be French! 😂🤣.

Re: your other points, however, I do agree

I didn’t vote for Brexit, and through personal experience, I certainly do not want to be French! 😂🤣.

Re: your other points, however, I do agree
I can,t tell if you are missing the point, but the French driver will overtake you to gain one place in a line of traffic, whether he/she is driving a rs2000, scenic, or twingo. A X power will just make it easier, hence the comment. I used (you) in the broad democratic meaning , not personal, god knows I.ve upset enough people on this forum!

I can,t tell if you are missing the point, but the French driver will overtake you to gain one place in a line of traffic, whether he/she is driving a rs2000, scenic, or twingo. A X power will just make it easier, hence the comment. I used (you) in the broad democratic meaning , not personal, god knows I.ve upset enough people on this forum!
😂. All good Big Al! 👍 I think I probably did miss the point. I saw the “vote for Brexit” comment and my mind wondered 😁. As for upsetting people on this forum, Guilty as charged, ergo I concur. 🍷

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom