MG4 XPOWER

All my Audio (BBC Sounds App,Radio2 Spotify) played through Android Auto with equaliser set to Rock.
Excellent Quality IMO.

Not B&O, but not bad for standard.

I Love my MG4 XPower ! in BLUE

I see so many revues by numpties on you tube who know nothing about this car
They get the car to test evaluate and for example say " you have to keep using the screen to access items " you DONT! its all on the steering wheel !

Ive had Porsche Mercedes etc and this is by far one of the best HOT hatchback's in the world!

I was anti Chinese but now this car is in the TOP League

I travel the UK with no issues, plenty of super chargers

THANK YOU MG
p.s. the APP is perfect!
It is a really good car however i do get that statement about all on the screen. I also would prefer buttons, purely as I really cannot be bothered to take the time to learn how to set everything up on the wheel and then remember the sequence to access. My laziness I realise but still. What I do instead is have someone in the passenger seat taking instruction ;-)

100% agree.....I was restless and just wanted to get out for a drive so popped out an hour ago. Havent had much of an opportunity since I got the car so decided to put it in sport mode with the music loud and just drove around the area just to enjoy the car, and boy was it fun! I have owned a few cars over the last 15 years of driving but this has been the best experience so far....even though my last car was a BMW 520D.
I drove a BMW 640d Cabriolet before getting the MG4se because I just wasn’t sure I wanted an EV. Had 8 BMW’s, Land Rover Evoke, Mercedes and a Jaguar Sport Brake over 40 years of driving. For a cheap EV test, it’s come up to muster & I think the XPower will probably be my next car purchase, I was going to do a Trophy but after reading these posts and my first EV experience, I’m hoping to skip the Trophy and get the XP

I drove a BMW 640d Cabriolet before getting the MG4se because I just wasn’t sure I wanted an EV. Had 8 BMW’s, Land Rover Evoke, Mercedes and a Jaguar Sport Brake over 40 years of driving. For a cheap EV test, it’s come up to muster & I think the XPower will probably be my next car purchase, I was going to do a Trophy but after reading these posts and my first EV experience, I’m hoping to skip the Trophy and get the XP
You won't be disappointed. The nice thing about the XPower is that you can afford to make a mistake buying it. Not that I think you will but the price gives you that option.

Just been driving mine today and kept it in Sport mode all day ... the traction out of corners and side roads still brings a smile to my face 😁.

I don't think my sister was impressed though in the passenger seat .... she kept saying "I would never have done that in my car" 😂😂

Just been driving mine today and kept it in Sport mode all day ... the traction out of corners and side roads still brings a smile to my face 😁.

I don't think my sister was impressed though in the passenger seat .... she kept saying "I would never have done that in my car" 😂😂
Sisters. 🙄🙂

Yes, she's not a "petrolhead" at all ... I got an earful when we got back to our house and she got chatting to Mrs G about my driving. 🤪🤪

In my defence I am an Advanced IAM driver and have a clean licence before people get the wrong idea of my driving ... it may be "enthusiastic" sometimes on the right roads but I'd like to think and try to be always safe 👍

Had trip out today in the winter sun around some of the North Wales driving road. The car performed very well and certainly has more talent than I have! Had to have a launch control moment, would have been rude not to. 😂 All in all very enjoyable, it is certainly a capable car in my opinion.

If anyone is in the North Wales area try out the the A5 from Llangollen to Eryri (Snowdonia). "The main road in from the Midlands is a popular holiday route to Eryri (Snowdonia), but there’s a little treat for motorists prepared to take a 20 mile diversion up the B4501 and back down the A543 to rejoin the A5. This pristine stretch of tarmac is known as the ‘EVO triangle’, after the supercar magazine EVO, who use it as a test route. North Wales Police know all about it too, and are usually around to put a stop to any idiocy. We also love the stretch of A5 past Llyn Ogwen, hemmed in by the towering peaks of Tryfan and the Glyderau to your left, and the Carneddau to your right, as low-flying military jets thread through the mountain passes.”

From visitwales.com that also mentions a number of other driving routes.

Did launch control for the wife & 12yo daughter for 1st time last night. Clear empty straight road. Only got to about 45mph before the shrieks of amazement made me lift off. Daughter said she nearly wet herself and the wife thought she was going to pass out. Happy days!

Did launch control for the wife & 12yo daughter for 1st time last night. Clear empty straight road. Only got to about 45mph before the shrieks of amazement made me lift off. Daughter said she nearly wet herself and the wife thought she was going to pass out. Happy days!
Yep seems to get the girls every time 🤣 I managed to get up to 60 and there was an expletive from the passenger seat 🤣

You won't be disappointed. The nice thing about the XPower is that you can afford to make a mistake buying it. Not that I think you will but the price gives you that option.

Speak for yourself!

Some of us are hard up, retired folk living
In T't shoe box int middle of road!

Last edited:
Agreed, you lucky git. 😉🙂
🤣👍

In case folk don't know what we're going on about.

To be read in a Yorkshire accent, if you get my drift 👍

(Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort. 'Farewell to Thee' being played in the background on Hawaiian guitar.)

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Jones: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TJ: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TJ: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, 'Money doesn't buy you happiness.'

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TJ: You were lucky to have a ROOM! We used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from our hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TJ: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TJ: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TJ: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..🤣🤣🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom