MG4 XPOWER

AshXP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I Love my MG4 XPower ! in BLUE

I see so many revues by numpties on you tube who know nothing about this car
They get the car to test evaluate and for example say " you have to keep using the screen to access items " you DONT! its all on the steering wheel !

Ive had Porsche Mercedes etc and this is by far one of the best HOT hatchback's in the world!

I was anti Chinese but now this car is in the TOP League

I travel the UK with no issues, plenty of super chargers

THANK YOU MG
p.s. the APP is perfect!

THANK YOU MG
p.s. the APP is perfect!

I don't think I've ever been "anti Chinese" per-se, as nearly everything we own has a Chinese made component in it somewhere or other.

But I did rather scoff when I saw the Top Gear episode with James, Jeremy and Attack Stig in China. (2013/14??)
I think they were testing a Trumpchee? and something else.

At the end they said "In ten years time we will all be driving Chinese cars" and I said "yeah right"

But here I am, and here we all are!! 🤣

I see so many revues by numpties on you tube who know nothing about this car
They get the car to test evaluate and for example say " you have to keep using the screen to access items " you DONT! its all on the steering wheel !

Ive had Porsche Mercedes etc and this is by far one of the best HOT hatchback's in the world!

THANK YOU MG
p.s. the APP is perfect!
The same here. Have had 9 Porsches and 11 Mercedes (incl. S-class) the last 22 years, and still owner of a modified Viper GTS since the last 14 years, I still find the Xpower a breath of fresh air. Good driving dynamics and still acceptable comforts, good seats. Nice to drive. Not the same feedback, specially through the steering wheel as a Porsche, and not the same ability to play with it in the snow, as the ESC don't really go all the way off, but it is playful enough, and that probably will be a lot lesser problem on dry asphalt in summer anyway. I really like my new car and do have good fun in it, which has been increasingly difficult to accomplish after being used to the previous cars. Would buy a Xpower again for sure. Looking forward to the summer, so I can drive the Xpower back to back with the Viper. Guess that would be interesting.

100% agree.....I was restless and just wanted to get out for a drive so popped out an hour ago. Havent had much of an opportunity since I got the car so decided to put it in sport mode with the music loud and just drove around the area just to enjoy the car, and boy was it fun! I have owned a few cars over the last 15 years of driving but this has been the best experience so far....even though my last car was a BMW 520D.

Pinched this of Pistonheads, thought is was a great pic. Couple of subtle mods, spot um? 🙂
20240110_155709.jpg

I reckon the "Rear Spoiler Mounted Antique Lamp Post" will add a bit of drag! 🤣

Edit, What the fecks that doing on Pistoheads???
Believe it or not, he was actually after a final hurrah, with a V8. But decided to have a test drive in the X Power and was smitten, the rèst is history, good on him. 🙂👍

Believe it or not, he was actually after a final hurrah, with a V8. But decided to have a test drive in the X Power and was smitten, the rèst is history, good on him. 🙂👍
I was on Pistoheads (years ago) and seem to remember it just being a massive willy waving pissing contest.

Good on him.
The correct decision AFAIK. 👍

Trust me Mennox if you upgrade all your speakers with the improved sound quality you will be out for more than an hours ride 😎
Sometimes on the way back from work I decide to take a slight detour just to experience that sport mode for a little while longer.
What speakers would you recommend pls?

Have a play with the graphic equaliser settings for setting the frequency response of the audio to what you think sounds best for you, it helps. Perfectly acceptable for me.
Agree, at first sounded tinny and not enough bass for my liking. Had a play with the graphic equaliser and now a lot better.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom