MG5 2021 REAR SUSPENSION NOISE

Some while ago I noticed a knock coming from the rear offside when driving away from cold. After a mile or so it disappeared. Recently it seems to be getting worse. Reported it at 10,000 mile service, told it was just the rear brakes releasing! not covinced. Done another 8,000 miles-still there. Anyone one else experience this?

Yes exactly the same issue on our 2021 SR MG5, seems worse in colder weather which suggests a dodgy shock absorber or Bush. Will make some enquiries with my favourite dealer when I have time.

Yes exactly the same issue on our 2021 SR MG5, seems worse in colder weather which suggests a dodgy shock absorber or Bush. Will make some enquiries with my favourite dealer when I have time.
Went to a different dealer for something totally unrelated to rear noise, they test drove my car and immediately reported that the rear shock absorbers were faulty and ordered replacements, fitted later that week-noise gone!!!!

Thanks, better give my dealer a call. Not very promising as car has only done 7,500 miles!

Our service picked up a leaky rear shock absorber on our 71LR and waiting for this to be seen as a warranty issue.

Went to a different dealer for something totally unrelated to rear noise, they test drove my car and immediately reported that the rear shock absorbers were faulty and ordered replacements, fitted later that week-noise gone!!!!
Sounds like you've found a very good sympathetic dealer locally. I also live in the Stafford area with an MG5, so was wondering if you would be permitted to share the name and address of this dealer, to be used in the future.

Sounds like you've found a very good sympathetic dealer locally. I also live in the Stafford area with an MG5, so was wondering if you would be permitted to share the name and address of this dealer, to be used in the future.
Pinkstones, Newcastle opposite the Hospital

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom