Mg5 battery fob replacement

Harves

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, can anyone help me with the replacement of the battery in the fob can you just replace it or have you got to go to the main dealership

Hi, can anyone help me with the replacement of the battery in the fob can you just replace it or have you got to go to the main dealership
I am sure you can do it yourself. For my FL I am sure the manual had the instructions and battery type. I will check later for you.

Page 118/119 of the owners manual(y)

Attachments

• MG5EV - Replacing the key battery.pdf
    802.5 KB · Views: 228
Thanks very much for your help it is appreciated, I just didn’t know what would happen when you take the old battery out as a member of my family has a vw golf and tried to replace the battery and ended up at the main dealer where they charged her £600 .

It is part of the service schedule so in theory you shouldn't have to do it yourself.
Cheers Alb, I thought that as I did look at the service schedule but the car has had 3 services now and the dealership hasn’t mentioned the battery, me being me I didn’t even think about it until it started warning me on the dash.

Replacement is part of the schedule for every second service although when I had mine done in June they said their diagnostic equipment tells them whether the battery requires renewal so they are guided by that rather than doing it regardless and passing on the expense to the customer.

Replacement is part of the schedule for every second service although when I had mine done in June they said their diagnostic equipment tells them whether the battery requires renewal so they are guided by that rather than doing it regardless and passing on the expense to the customer.
Cheers mate I think I’ll call the dealership 👍

Page 118/119 of the owners manual(y)
Hi mate , I looked at the owners manual changed the battery to a new recommended battery done what the handbook said but the fob will not synchronise with the car ,so even after doing everything the manual said I think I will have to go to the dealer unfortunately it’s a bit of a hike.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom