Mg5 charging time?

sajjad12

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi guys I'm thinking to buy an mg5 long range. Does anyone know how long they take to charge fully using a ultra rapid charger?

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but maximum charging rate is 80kw on the LR I think. So 20% to 80% would be around 40 mins? If you are not used to EVs the last bit 80 to 100% the charge rate reduces. Check out the other threads re delivery times currently don't wait too long as delivery times are a lottery. Consider waiting for the late 2022? facelift model if not in a rush.

It's a bit of a non question tbh, charge time will vary enormously depending what's left in the car when you start. You're never going to be totally flat and you're very unlikely to charge to 100% on a public charger so it will never take as long as it could to get you up where you need to be.

Think more of how far do I need to go on a regular basis and how far can I reasonably get on a charge (leaving yourself a comfortable margin) and then work out how much/often you need to top up.

Hi guys I'm thinking to buy an mg5 long range. Does anyone know how long they take to charge fully using a ultra rapid charger?

The simple facts.

Also, you can speed up rapid charging by switching on the battery heater, but never rapid above 90%.

It's why most advertising blurb only quote the 20%-80% time as rapid charging above 80% will start to make the batteries heat up. I understand that MG will allow over 80% but I don't think I would do it.

On my Leaf it would take longer to charge from 80% to 100% than to do the 20%-80%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom