MG5 EV Estate Coming Soon To The UK - Update - it's here!

I keep going backwards and forwards between thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on an MG5 and I'll hang on a bit longer!

Price, a little more than I, personally, think it should be, but not bad.

Looks, subjective, a bit bland, possibly old before it's time, but none offensive. My other cars a Dacia Logan Mcv and due for a change as well, but we can't find anything to replace it for similar money!

Spec, it's okay, nothing to write home about, but missing some key features that I've got used to on my 6 year old leaf, such as charge timer, app with remote heating, heated steering wheel (oh my god I love it!), and other bits like a sunroof.

I'm a bit disappointed with the difference in spec as well, excite would do me, but it doesn't have roof rails, which I'd want to put the bikes on! If there'd been a sunroof and bigger/nicer wheels on the exclusive I'd see the benefit, but there's not really much on there for the 2.5k.

Then there's the 0% finance... That makes sense when you're borrowing £20k.

But I just don't know!

It's not old before its time, just old, the GM chassis it's built on dates back to 2003!

If you can wait a few months, the price will drop and you'll be able to pick one up with a few thousand off, that's what happened with the ZSEV, this will be no different.

It's not old before its time, just old, the GM chassis it's built on dates back to 2003!

If you can wait a few months, the price will drop and you'll be able to pick one up with a few thousand off, that's what happened with the ZSEV, this will be no different.

But that's the thing, waiting for the price to come down, the px price on my Leaf 24 will come down.

The price of the Leaf 24 was holding up really well and now, because of the battery size and range of new cars released, the prices of the low range Leafs seem to be coming right down.

I'll wait until I have a drive in the next couple of weeks and see what the figures are like.

I'm not sure...thats why I want a test drive.

I love my ZS but would be much happier with extra range of the MG5.

There are clearly trade off's.......I like the SUV ride height of the ZS and the sunroof and radar cruise etc.
We'll see how we get on........:oops:

I see in the Auto Express magazine this week they have given the new MG 5 EV estate a good write up and praise with such good valve for money. Much more practical than the likes of Renault Zoe and Nissan Leaf to.

Could you post a picture of the front cover please......The last time I went to buy one, it had changed by the time I got to the newsagent!😡.....I got the wrong one.

Could you post a picture of the front cover please......The last time I went to buy one, it had changed by the time I got to the newsagent!😡.....I got the wrong one.

Here's the online auto express review, probably the same as the hard copy, if not a little condensed.

I was surprise to Auto Express tested the MG 5 EV car with a roof rack and looks like a skiing bracket fitted on. Which does not improve the mileage range!

My closet dealer has got theirs in, so going down this afternoon to have a look...

That's not a good sign for my bank balance!

Nope, back from the dealer and no order :(.

Not a good px price and the salesman just didn't seem interested.

Looked at a pre reg ZS exclusive and the figures came out in budget, but think the range of the 5 trumps the extras on the ZS.

Offered £6k px, for my leaf. Was thinking, hopefully, getting more like 7, realistically £6.5k. (similar spec/age/mileage on Auto trader are anywhere between £7.5k and £8.5).

Had worked out the MG5 Excite would be around £205 on 4 years 0% based on £6k px, and the Exclusive £245.

The pre reg ZS Exclusive worked out at £202 ish, on a 4 year PCP, with over £9k GFV (similar to the 5 Exclusive GFV). That was at a rate of 5.9% Apr, not bad for a PCP, but not a GOOD deal either. If I was going the pre reg deal I think I'd sort my own finance (quick quote yesterday was an offered 3%).

Hmmmm, I'm now torn between keeping the Leaf and getting a 5... Honestly thought I was set on getting a 5!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom