• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 EV Estate Coming Soon To The UK - Update - it's here!

My calculations are a lot simpler....I'm a cash buyer...it depends what deal they would do only ZS ev with 5k miles on the clock?

Test drive booked for next Tuesday:)
Had the test drive, liked the car a lot, but was disappointed at all the missing spec:-

....no blind spot mirror indicators, no radar cruise or emergency braking, no rear cross traffic alert, no sunroof. I think that's it.

We did gain climate control, better seats, and a more modern feel, and great build quality, plus the extra range and an auto dipping rear mirror.

But the bottom line was that they didn't offer enough in part chop ( £18K), It was effectively going to cost me to £9,600 to "upgrade" my ZS after a years ownership. .... I'll see what happens in the next few months, deliveries not expected until January.

Last edited:
Definitely feels like they rushed it to market. Should have been at least the same spec as the ZS EV in terms of safety kit.

I'm still sitting on the fence.

I was told November for deliveries, but that was off the top of his head, so probably more like December/January.

I'm not sure...thats why I want a test drive.

I love my ZS but would be much happier with extra range of the MG5.

There are clearly trade off's.......I like the SUV ride height of the ZS and the sunroof and radar cruise etc.
We'll see how we get on........:oops:
How did you find the ride height of the 5? Coming from a CX5 i was pleasantly surprised and didn't notice a significant difference when testing the ZS.

Just checking if anyone has driven the MG5EV.
Please don't talk about the range / battery size issue as this gets members too excited and on the defensive....
IMHO a 44.5kWh battery in ZSEV was a big short change of customers. ZSEV should have come with at least a 52 to 54 kWh battery.
As for price MG's mother company themselves keep boasting that they are able to produce larger capacity batteries at relatively small difference so I do not understand why some think larger batteries will significantly cost more and the bigger battery in MG5EV proves this point.
What I really want to know is how the MG5EV drives and feels on the road and how one feels in the car.
A guy who has driven both ZSEV and the Roewe(Chinese version of MG5EV) in China feels it may be worthwhile trading in the ZSEV for a MG5EV and I am seriously considering this. It seems the MG dealerships are however very reluctant to consider ZSEV trade-in for MG5EV.
Has anyone driven the MG5? Any comments or advice on ZS EV vs MG5EV.
Yes I have driven one of the new mg5 ev..
I found that it holds the road very well also very secure around corners.
The one I drove was very quiet,,hardly any road noise.
If fact I tested the excite but I have ordered the exclusive model.
Just hope it gets here soon November fingers crossed

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom