MG5 EV (Facelift) Module Software Versions

What version?

Did you just download it from the Google PlayStore?

It seems to me that this is the best chance we have.

Edit: Of course, you have to connect to your Bluetooth OBD-II dongle that is plugged into your car, and the car has to be at least On, if not Ready. It's often a hassle getting connection established, at least the first time or two.
Downloaded from play store. Version 3.1.5 The car was on and the device recognized but the connection gauge never got to 100% and just kept starting again.

It's great that people are posting their eZS firmware versions. To save a lot of chasing around, can you please add a comment as to your Tesla charging status: can or can't. Also if your car isn't a UK model, please add something like "German model" as this may affect e.g. the VCU firmware version.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: And thanks after the fact, I see a couple of edits. I hope to find time eventually to make a summary of who has what firmware version, and ultimately what firmware version is needed, with attention to hardware variations for different markets and models.

Last edited:
VGate iCar Pro
I have one with a name like that, but unfortunately these seem to be frequently cloned. I don't even know for sure that mine is genuine; fortunately, it works well enough. As others have noted, the eZS app is somewhat glitchy, but maybe im my case that's because I didn't spend enough money to get a decent dongle.

I wish the fly by night cloners would go away, even though I appreciate competition in the marketplace. When the cloners make their junk look like products that have earned their reputation, it distorts the market; the market can't really operate properly. Ordinarily, the junk products would get a well-deserved poor reputation, and their market share would wither away unless or until they improved quality. When you can't tell what you're buying, and it's not expensive enough to worry about fighting about it, there is a race to the bottom.

I have one with a name like that, but unfortunately these seem to be frequently cloned. I don't even know for sure that mine is genuine; fortunately, it works well enough. As others have noted, the eZS app is somewhat glitchy, but maybe im my case that's because I didn't spend enough money to get a decent dongle.

I wish the fly by night cloners would go away, even though I appreciate competition in the marketplace. When the cloners make their junk look like products that have earned their reputation, it distorts the market; the market can't really operate properly. Ordinarily, the junk products would get a well-deserved poor reputation, and their market share would wither away unless or until they improved quality. When you can't tell what you're buying, and it's not expensive enough to worry about fighting about it, there is a race to the bottom.
I've always thought that that was the best thing about Amazon. I bought a different one that wouldn't connect to the car so I sent it back. It was quick and simple. This one works fine for what I need it for and it only cost £12.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom