MG5 EV Parking Aid fault

OnlyEV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has any one else had a problem with the parking sensors, all working fine, car parked up for a week then this come up on the display and parking sensors not working. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• 20220102_161714.jpg
    20220102_161714.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 20220102_161718.jpg
    20220102_161718.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 230
Is it a camera problem or just the sensors?
If the latter, making sure they are clean is the only practical thing you can check.
No point in taking things apart when the car is under warranty so it looks like a trip to the dealer is in order.
Hope you don't need any new parts!

Wasn't sure whether it was just dirty or part of the problem hence my initial question.
I assume it just needs a wipe over?

One other thing you could probably check yourself is whether the sensor connectors are all properly mated. An open circuit would probably register as a fault.

Did you ever manage to sort the problem? My MG5LR has just developed the same problem (all sensors are clean).
Hoping there is an easy fix instead of going through the hassle of taking the car into the dealer.

Did you ever manage to sort the problem? My MG5LR has just developed the same problem (all sensors are clean).
Hoping there is an easy fix instead of going through the hassle of taking the car into the dealer.
Yes took the car to MG had a faulty sensor, replaced under warranty

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom